Update to the Jevelin theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Update to the Jevelin theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Update to the Jevelin theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • stevenkuppers
    Participant

Hello.

I see that there is an update to the Jevelin theme. Is there a manual way to update this theme, other than using the “How to Update ThemeForest Themes with the Envato WordPress Toolkit“?

Thanks,

Steven

Hi Steven,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Yes you can do this by deleting the existing Jevelin theme and then download and install new version of theme manually as described on the following pages.

How to Install WordPress Theme via WordPress Admin Panel

How to Install WordPress Theme Manually Using FTP

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

stevenkuppers
    Participant

Thank you. So, if I follow your steps, I will I need to start from the beginning and Install all content, Plugins and Demo content all over again and therefore this will override any changes I have made, to color, text, graphics. Is this correct? I am somewhat familiar with WP and generally, I see an UPDATE THEME button, that will update the Theme, so that I would not have to “start over”. A little more light on this subject would be appreciated.

You guys are pretty solid when it comes to responding to Topic Posts. A credit to your team, so thank you for that.

Steven

Thank you. So, if I follow your steps, I will I need to start from the beginning and Install all content, Plugins and Demo content all over again and therefore this will override any changes I have made, to color, text, graphics. Is this correct?

No only the theme files will be updated and nothing else will be removed or changed but if any the new options added in the latest theme version then you have to configure it from theme settings.

Also i do recommend you to take backup from Tools -> Backup before updating theme so that if anything goes wrong then you can recover it.

stevenkuppers
    Participant

I have made some CSS Style changes to my site and also added a couple parallax sliders. If I update the Theme, I am assuming me custom changes will be overwritten, correct? If I had made these changes to the Child Theme, then would have those changes been retained when updating the Theme? If I am to use the Child Theme, do I need to upload and Install both the Child and Theme?

I did make a backup as you instructed.

A bit more light on this topic would we very welcome. I’m trying to get a better grip on Child Theme and Theme.

Thank you!

Steven

I have made some CSS Style changes to my site and also added a couple parallax sliders. If I update the Theme, I am assuming me custom changes will be overwritten, correct?

If you have made changes in the theme files then yes the changes will be overwritten.

If I had made these changes to the Child Theme, then would have those changes been retained when updating the Theme?

Yes

If I am to use the Child Theme, do I need to upload and Install both the Child and Theme?

Yes you need to install both themes but activate child theme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)