[URGENT!!] Jevelin Theme Jquery Error

Home Forums Jevelin Theme [URGENT!!] Jevelin Theme Jquery Error

Home Forums Jevelin Theme [URGENT!!] Jevelin Theme Jquery Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • dxnet2008
    Participant

Hi, after updating the theme to v4.7. My entire site animation doesn’t work and met this error in console:

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: nav.sh-header-mobile-dropdown li.menu-item > a[href*=#]

Please help! it just stops everything working on my site! Thx!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by dxnet2008.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by dxnet2008.

Hi @dxnet2008,

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using the latest version of the Jevelin theme.

Please clear and temporarily deactivate the cache If you are using any on your website.

Could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

I could confirm this issue on my website by using WordPress version 5.5

It seems the theme jQuery script is causing the issue as jQuery is updated in the latest WordPress version 5.5

The issue will be fixed ASAP in the upcoming version of the theme.

In the meanwhile, you can fix it by adding below code in the functions.php file of the theme.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'load_old_jquery_fix', 100 );

function load_old_jquery_fix() {
        if ( ! is_admin() ) {
            wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
            wp_register_script( 'jquery', ( "//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js" ), false, '1.11.3' );
            wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
        }
    }

dxnet2008
    Participant

I simply solved by finding script.js under the theme package and change a[href*=#] to a[href*=’#’]

Do you recon I keep everything like this until the theme updated or still add your code to function.php file?

If everything is working fine after making that change then you don’t need to do anything or use the shared code.

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Please clear your browser cache after updating the theme so that the latest js and CSS files will be loaded.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)