Video iFrame not loading randomly in Video Slider Projects. Loads with refresh.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Video iFrame not loading randomly in Video Slider Projects. Loads with refresh.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Video iFrame not loading randomly in Video Slider Projects. Loads with refresh.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • grayson
    Participant

Hi. I’ve just noticed a major issue with my video portfolio site, which is based on the Alex Photon theme.

I have many video slider projects. When I open a project page the iFrame containing the Vimeo video does not always load. If I open 15 of my video pages around a third to half of them will not load the video. When you refresh the page the video loads.

I have the latest theme update. 4.6.3.

The screenshots show the inspector on first load and refresh. It’s very weird.

Please help!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by grayson.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @grayson,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your website several times but the video loads fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Which browser are you using?

Could you please try using a different browser?

Also, please improve your site performance as described in the following pages.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wordpress-performance-speed/

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Optimization/WordPress_Performance

https://wpengine.com/blog/page-speed-wordpress-performance/

https://themetrust.com/test-wordpress-site-performance/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

grayson
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your response.

I have recreated this in Safari, Chrome and Opera on 2 computers. I then asked friends in 2 other cities to test and they both replicated the issue.

I have taken screen recordings of the issue in Safari and Chrome. Please note, that the issue is random. Different videos don’t appear at different times. Refreshing the page then always brings the video up, which is obviously not ideal when I release my site to potential clients.

Note: Since yesterday I have altered the view.php to remove the lightbox arrows on the front page project links. This does not create or effect the issue as I’ve had the issue for days and only made the change to the front page last night. I’m only mentioning this because you will notice the 4 way arrows are missing.

Screen recordings:

Safari: https://vimeo.com/395294739

Chrome: https://vimeo.com/395294870

Also, I’ll take a look at those performance links. Thanks for that.

Thanks for your help.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by grayson.

grayson
    Participant

Hi again.

I’ve just installed 4.6.4 and the issue is still there.

Thanks

grayson
    Participant

I just did a test of individual pages, instead of opening several tabs. You’ll see the same issue is recreated. Then when I go back to the page a second time later in the video it loads fine.

Thanks

I tested it again and again on your website but couldn’t reproduce the issue.

Could you please try following the performance links shared above?

grayson
    Participant

I’ve followed the guides and improved the site performance to double the speed, which I’m very happy about.

However, the problem still exists.

I’m pulling my hair out and considering a full rebuild, but it took me almost 2 weeks to build the first time. It’ll be quicker now that I have all the images ready etc, but man…

Ok then could you please try using a sample Youtube video to test whether it is Vimeo video-specific issue?

grayson
    Participant

Hi, so I decided to delete the entire site and start again. I installed a fresh version of WordPress, the 4.6.4 Jevelin theme, then the required plugins and theme importer plugin only. I then imported the Alex Photon demo. I changed the homepage to Masonry on Image and changed the logo and text on the top of the page, changed the footer copyright and the client logos, but stopped there to test the video project page. So I then tested the “Stock of Bottles” page. It did NOT show the video. I have taken a screen capture video to show you:

Then I changed the video on that page to a Youtube video, cleared the cache in Safari and tried the “Stock of Bottles” page again. Youtube did not work either. Here’s the screen capture:

So it’s not a Vimeo issue. It’s simply not pulling in the iFrame every time for some weird reason I can’t figure out. As I said earlier, I had 2 people in different locations replicate this issue.

This is killing me, as I spent so much time building it the first time.

I have not installed any other plugins, files etc. This is a fresh install of everything.

Cheers.

grayson
    Participant

Plugins and Theme Ver…

Attachments:

I tried to access your shared website to troubleshoot the issue but now I am getting an error as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please make sure that it is accessible and also tell me how you are using video iframe on your website by sharing the screenshot?

Attachments:

grayson
    Participant

Hi. Sorry about that, I took the site down as I was trying another fresh install. I have now installed the site again from scratch without making any changes. The problem still exists.

So, Installed WordPress, Installed the theme, Installed essential plugins only. Imported the Alex Photon content. I had to change the homepage setting to Masonry on Image, otherwise the the projects gave me a 404 page, but that’s the only change I made. I am still able to open the Stock of Bottle project and the video does not always appear.

I will leave the site as it is now so you can do what you need to. Please let me know how you go.

I have created an Admin login to give you wordpress admin level access in case that helps.

Thanks.

Now I can access your website but don’t see any video projects on it to troubleshoot the issue.

Could you please make sure that the video projects exist on your website?

Also, does the issue only occur when you open projects in the new window tab and not by directly clicking on it?

grayson
    Participant

Hi. The reason I installed a fresh version is so you can see that nothing I have done or installed is causing this issue. It still happens on a fresh install. Yes it happens when directly clicking on it. Yes, there is a video project – Stack of Bottles – your example!

Here is a screen capture I took now with only your template.

You can see the first time I click the video does not load. The next time I click the video does load.

Sorry it takes so long to get back to you, I am in Australia and I’m usually asleep when you reply.

Thank you.

I am troubleshooting it with my colleague.

grayson
    Participant

Hi there. Is there any word on when I can get my website back up? This is my business site and I need to get it live as soon as I can. Thanks very much.

Sorry, my colleague also couldn’t reproduce the issue but if you have development or staging website then could you please create the same issue on it so that it won’t affect your live website and we can further troubleshoot it?

grayson
    Participant

Hi. Just to let you know I’m still having this issue. Unfortunately the current world climate has had me away from this project, but I’d like to have it working when this is over I I can look for work again.

I rebuilt the site from scratch, but still have the same iFrame issue. I will try to build a copy of the site, or you can just work on the actual site, as I make backups anyway. Let me know what you think when you can.

I hope you and your family are safe and well.

Pete

I think working on a copy of your website will work as it won’t affect your actual website.

Yes, I am safe and I hope you too.

grayson
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. So I got someone local to have a look at the website and it turns out after all this that it was a simple problem.

If I used the Video Slider and this type of Vimeo link:

://vimeo.com/339440757

(I took out the ‘http’ so this site didn’t just show you video)

It had the problem of intermittently not loading the iFrame.

If I use iFrame Slider and this type of Vimeo link:

://player.vimeo.com/video/339440757

It works every time.

I don’t know why the intermittent problem was there, but I have this workaround now.

Thanks for your time with this.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by grayson.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by grayson.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)