Woocommerce Product Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Woocommerce Product Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Woocommerce Product Issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • photobernard
    Participant

While setting up my store using Woocommerce, I am encountering the following two problems:

• I can’t seem to have by product categories displayed on the shop page. I have been in contact with Woocommerce support and they said to reach out to my theme developers. Apparently you activate the setting in WordPress > Woocommerce > Settings > Product and then select the option “Display” – however that option is not appearing in my menu. Any advice?

• On my shop page settings in Appearance > Theme Options > Woocommerce the number of columns is set to 4. On the page it shows upas 4 columns, however the 4th column is blank. How do I fix this?
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

photobernard
    Participant

Use this URL to visit the page.

Also – is there a way to make the portrait style product images the same height as the landscape ones?

Hi @photobernard,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I can’t seem to have by product categories displayed on the shop page. I have been in contact with Woocommerce support and they said to reach out to my theme developers. Apparently you activate the setting in WordPress > Woocommerce > Settings > Product and then select the option “Display” – however that option is not appearing in my menu. Any advice?

I am not sure which option you are talking about and what you are trying to achieve here so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

On my shop page settings in Appearance > Theme Options > Woocommerce the number of columns is set to 4. On the page it shows upas 4 columns, however the 4th column is blank. How do I fix this?

You can resolve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.woocommerce .woocomerce-styling ul.products li.first {
        padding-left: 0;
    }

.woocommerce .woocomerce-styling ul.products li {
        padding-right: 0;
        width: 24%;
    }

Also – is there a way to make the portrait style product images the same height as the landscape ones?

You can try changing it as described in the below pages or contact the woocommerce support to achieve this.

https://atlantisthemes.com/woocommerce-single-product-image/

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/image-sizes-theme-developers/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

photobernard
    Participant

I can’t seem to have by product categories displayed on the shop page. I have been in contact with Woocommerce support and they said to reach out to my theme developers. Apparently you activate the setting in WordPress > Woocommerce > Settings > Product and then select the option “Display” – however that option is not appearing in my menu. Any advice?

I am not sure which option you are talking about and what you are trying to achieve here so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

Woocommerce allows you on the main shop page to first display the product categories (or a selection there of) and then followed by all the individual products. This allows visitors to reduce the list of available products based on a selected category (or view all of them). My shop page only shows ALL available products and I am not able to have the categories displayed.

photobernard
    Participant

On my shop page settings in Appearance > Theme Options > Woocommerce the number of columns is set to 4. On the page it shows upas 4 columns, however the 4th column is blank. How do I fix this?

You can resolve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

I have pasted the code as described, however the shop page still only shows three populated columns on the left with a blank column to the right

Woocommerce allows you on the main shop page to first display the product categories (or a selection there of) and then followed by all the individual products. This allows visitors to reduce the list of available products based on a selected category (or view all of them). My shop page only shows ALL available products and I am not able to have the categories displayed.

It is displaying fine for me on my test site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please update the theme on your site to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

If the issue still persists then please contact the Woocommerce support.

I have pasted the code as described, however the shop page still only shows three populated columns on the left with a blank column to the right

Please try changing above shared CSS code as below.

.woocommerce .woocomerce-styling ul.products li.first {
        padding-left: 0;
    }
    .woocommerce #page-container .woocomerce-styling ul.products li {
        padding-right: 0;
        width: 24%;
    }
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

photobernard
    Participant

Thanks – the CSS code has worked.

I have updated to the most recent version and I still can’t activate the categories. Stuck between a rock and a hard place here as Woocommerce was my first point of call, and they sent be to theme developers.

Not sure how to resolve this…

On a separate note – how do I change the look of my products from how they are displaying here, to look like in this demo (the card look with a shadow)

photobernard
    Participant

The only way I can figure out how to display the categories, is by showing them in the sidebar, as currently displayed on the page here. However, by doing that the products are reduced to two columns and a blank column again – assuming this requires a change to the CSS again? If so, is there a way to have slightly more padding between the sidebar and products?

I have updated to the most recent version and I still can’t activate the categories. Stuck between a rock and a hard place here as Woocommerce was my first point of call, and they sent be to theme developers.

Not sure how to resolve this…

To confirm whether it is a theme issue, just temporary use the Twenty Seventeen theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your site theme issue.

On a separate note – how do I change the look of my products from how they are displaying here, to look like in this demo (the card look with a shadow)

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create a new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you with your new thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)