yoast 14

Home Forums Jevelin Theme yoast 14

Home Forums Jevelin Theme yoast 14

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • SaveATrain
    Participant

hello,

i had a conversation with yoast, about something in the debug.log:

[02-Jun-2020 17:05:03 UTC] PHP Notice: _title_ is deprecated since version _WPSEO 14.0_ with no alternative available. in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4443

[02-Jun-2020 17:05:03 UTC] PHP Notice: _WPSEO_Frontend::get_title_ is deprecated since version _WPSEO 14.0_ with no alternative available. in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4443

their answer was:

that these attributes are soon not to be supported, are you familiar with this subject, they gave me this link: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/change-log-wordpress-seo/

Hi @SaveATrain,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

It seems related to Yoast SEO plugin and we are not familiar with it.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

SaveATrain
    Participant

they claim your theme is using on the title, and that option is deprecated by WordPress soon,

you familiar with something like this?

I am not sure which attributes related to the title you are referring to so could you please tell me exactly & describe it a bit more in detail?

SaveATrain
    Participant

[03-Jun-2020 17:27:51 UTC] PHP Notice: title is deprecated since version WPSEO 14.0 with no alternative available. in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4443

[03-Jun-2020 17:27:51 UTC] PHP Notice: WPSEO_Frontend::get_title is deprecated since version WPSEO 14.0 with no alternative available. in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4443

i highlighted what they say is an issue, you might want to speak to their customer service, Yoast is a powerful tool that i am sure 90% of the people who use your services use it

Yes, but in your shared log, there is no mention of the theme or theme file or any title function name that the theme uses.

Could you please share the page URL from your site where the error is displaying so that I can troubleshoot it?

SaveATrain
    Participant

this is the answer i got from them, the question is, are you using this hooks in your theme?

Thank you for following up on this topic. The hook is the first part of the notice. In the notices you provided, they mention:

• title
    • WPSEO_Frontend::get_title
    • WPSEO_Post_Type_Sitemap_Provider::get_page_for_posts_id

The first two were removed in Yoast SEO 14.0 while the last one was removed in Yoast SEO 11.5 version.

No, the theme is not using them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)