Ad widget in sidebar

Home Forums Gillion Theme Ad widget in sidebar

Home Forums Gillion Theme Ad widget in sidebar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • scottgrantwv
    Participant

in my left sidebar, I have some ad code in a custom HTML widget. The ad shows very briefly then disappears leaving blank white space.  Ad company is saying the problem is with the theme?  A screenshot is attached. I am also including login info so you can look in the backend.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @scottgrantwv,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To confirm whether it is theme issue could you please test it temporary activating any default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen?

Also please test it disabling the cache that you are using on your site.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

scottgrantwv
    Participant

My ad team has sent me the following updated info:

Hi Scott,

My tech team found out that the issue was because of the following script –

https://www.grayingwithgrace.<wbr />com/wp-content/themes/gillion/<wbr />js/slick.min.js?ver=4.9.1

After blocking the script, we could see the ads properly. We suggest you remove this script. I have also attached a screenshot of the same.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have attached their screenshot also. What is the best way for me to fix this?

Attachments:

You can try removing the slick.min.js file by using the attached custom child theme of Gillion theme that contains some custom code.

Attachments:

scottgrantwv
    Participant

Thanks! That fixed it! Consider this resolved.

scottgrantwv
    Participant

The child theme did fix the ad issue in the sidebar BUT now the related posts and header search/buttons do not work…..

Example page: https://www.grayingwithgrace.com/healthy-habits-seniors-adopt-new-year/

This is because we have removed the javascript slick.min.js file that contains code to make related posts and header search/buttons work so this is not a proper solution to remove this file using shared child theme.

The Google ad displays fine on your site without any issue so it is your custom ad code that conflicts with theme code so please contact your ad company to resolve it and tell them that we can’y remove javascript slick.min.js file as it affects other functionality of site.

scottgrantwv
    Participant

Ok – I have notified them. Thanks for your help.

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)