Blog post categories tabs - showing wrong categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog post categories tabs – showing wrong categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog post categories tabs – showing wrong categories

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • pako
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve got a problem with Bog Post Categories.

http://new.trainlikeabadass.com

In Settings, I specified only categories I want to be shown. And it works. However, the tab All shows posts from the first specified category. Or the very first posts recently added.

As there’s no option to show specific posts in any given category, I used a plugin Re-order (the one with a dash) to change the order of post in a specific category.

Or maybe there’s an option (or you could generate a CSS code or anything) that would allow showing a specific post in a category, in Blog Post Category?

Also, please have a look at the quality of the big photo in this element – it’s blurred and definitely not in the quality of the one in the panel (all photos from this place are 3000 x 1000 px).

Kind regards.

Hi @pako,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Or maybe there’s an option (or you could generate a CSS code or anything) that would allow showing a specific post in a category, in Blog Post Category?

Currently, there isn’t any solution for it.

Also, please have a look at the quality of the big photo in this element – it’s blurred and definitely not in the quality of the one in the panel (all photos from this place are 3000 x 1000 px).

Please try regenerating thumbnails on your site using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

pako
    Participant

Regenerating thumbnails didn’t work for me, unfortunately. :-/

You can try resolving it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

#page-container .wpb_column.vc_column_container:not(.vc_col-sm-12) .sh-categories-style2 .post-style-cover .sh-ratio-content {
        background-size: unset;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

pako
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work.

Now, pictures have top and bottom margins. And still, they’re poor quality.

pako
    Participant

I changed the size of the header photo to 2000 x 1000 px. It better fills the big picture in that element (I guess 1900 x 1000 will do the job in that matter perfectly). But still, it’s quality is poor.

Any ideas?

I can see it is displaying the good quality image on your site now with some shadow applied on it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pako
    Participant

Please have a look at the comparison in the attachment.

The picture on the left-hand side comes from the element, the one on the right-hand side is the one from the post, from the header.

These are the same picture, so in theory, they should be the same quality. But they aren’t. Please have a look at the BB date (upper side of the packaging) or the flavour name (under the ‘Warrior’ text in the centre).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You are referring to two different images.

Please refer the private reply to know which image is used on the home page and on the single post page.

pako
    Participant

As far as the theme doesn’t create multiple images, this is the only image of that proportion. And I guess it’s the image from the header of the post?

Yes, the theme creates multiple images of different sizes, therefore, I requested you above to regenerate the images.

You can see two different images in my above posted private reply.

pako
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Oh, it looks like the reason for that is the resolution of header images.

I think I have sorted it out already.

Thanks. 🙂

Awesome great to see you got that sorted out.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)