Blog posts Basic missing title and too big for some

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog posts Basic missing title and too big for some

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog posts Basic missing title and too big for some

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • dirkvang
    Participant

Hi, I’m sharing 2 examples in the private section that are very incorrect all of a sudden. Titles are missing of blog post articles, some articles are shown correctly, and some are very big without title etc. I’ve updated the theme and Bakery Builder to the latest version.

Hi @dirkvang,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To troubleshoot and resolve the issue, could you please clear and temporarily deactivate the WP Fastest cache that you are using on your website?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dirkvang
    Participant

Done đŸ™‚

This can be a child theme issue used on your site so to confirm it just temporarily use the Gillion theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your site child theme issue.

Also, please update the theme to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

dirkvang
    Participant

I really dont understand, I’ve done this and it doesnt help:

1. Re-installed the theme
    2. Tried the normal theme, not child theme
    3. Deactivated all plugins (except for Bakery Builder)
    4. Reinstalled Bakery Builder
    5. Taken out CSS from customizer

The strangest thing is that I have a dev copy of the site I made a week ago more or less, it’s fine over there. Updated to the same theme / plugins and its no problem. Its just on the live website.

I’ve created an account maybe that helps.

I can see page title as shown in the attached screenshot.

The strangest thing is that I have a dev copy of the site I made a week ago more or less, it’s fine over there.

Could you please also share your dev website credentials so that I can compare the two websites and troubleshoot the issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dirkvang
    Participant

Ok, see below. Attached is what I mean, the first blog post is showing with the “Blog Post Basic” functionality from Bakery Builder, then the rest below is broken. Those are missing the Blog Post titles and the layout is totally wrong.

Also, if you scroll all the way down, there is a white button ‘LAAD MEER’, if you click it, it will load more posts, and those have the correct layout again..

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by dirkvang.
    Attachments:

The only difference that I have found which is causing the issue is that you have created posts using WPBakery page builder on your website and on your dev website you have created it without using WPBakery page builder.

dirkvang
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi, I found the issue… the problem is that if there is a post before that has this element “Gillion Blog Posts” then the next post featured image will become big and without title. See attached and link in private. I’ve tried to replace the “Gillion Blog Posts” element  with a “Gillion Blog Posts Basic” element, which fixes the issue.

Please see if something is wrong with the “Gillion Blog Posts” element.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by dirkvang.
    Attachments:

Awesome great to see you got that fixed.

We will further troubleshoot the issue.

Have a fantastic day!

dirkvang
    Participant

Hi Support, I found another issue, this time with “Gillion Blog Posts Basic”. I have it setup on a page, however when doing a search that includes that Post, the featured image is pushing out other featured images, see attached.

Attachments:

You can try resolving it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.search-results article .post-container .col-md-6 {
        width: 100%;
    }

.search-results article .post-container .sh-ratio-content {
        background-size: contain;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)