Bookmarking articles for non-users? (Online Magazine)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Bookmarking articles for non-users? (Online Magazine)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Bookmarking articles for non-users? (Online Magazine)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • imeriarb
    Participant

Hi guys,

Is it possible to enable bookmarking for articles even for visitors who don’t have an account? It’s working for the registered users, but the moment you’re not logged in it doesn’t work.

Is there any other way, how this function can be useful for an online magazine? Or maybe we should just disable the function.

Attached [photo] when you try to bookmark an article as a visitor.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

imeriarb
    Participant

So far I added the Login/Register button to allow our readers to register and benefit from the bookmarking option.

Hi @imeriarb,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The theme provides bookmarking functionality only to logged in users.

If the user is not logged in then he gets log in popup as shown in the attached screenshot.

If you want to make it work for non logged in users then to to achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

fabiano1987
    Participant

@imeriarb how did you added the login/registration form inside of that?

on my site it just loads empty as your first screenshot. i’ve like to shot login/register as the latest screenshot here

@fabiano1987 Please make sure you have enabled user registration on your site as described in the following page.

http://freewptp.com/how-to-enable-user-registration-on-wordpress-site/

If you are still facing the issue then to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)