Breadcrumb / Titlebar Customization

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Breadcrumb / Titlebar Customization

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Breadcrumb / Titlebar Customization

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • positivelypeaceful
    Participant

Hello,

I actually have a couple questions on how to  customize my Jevelin theme website.

First,  my home page has the portolio embedded.  (It is using the Portfolio Unyson demo).  When you click a portfolio category and go to that single project page, the breadcrumb has both the Home page and a Projects page which would be redundant in this case.  I instead want to remove the Projects page link and only have the Home link.  (See the breadcrumb image attached.)

Second, on the Blog title bar it lists “Category:” before the category name.  I would like it to read with only the category title and not have the “Category:” text.  I added the colorlib divilab as suggested in the forum, but there is no documentation on how to use that plugin.

If I need to add the child theme, please let me know how to do capture all the custom CSS I have added not only on the Customize page, but through Yellow Pencil.  Otherwise when I activate it, all my CSS customization is removed.

Finally, due to the particular demo I used, it required Unyson on the Home Page instead of the WP Bakery builder.  There was also a recommendation of Brizy.  All of these editors are installed and I believe they are clashing with one another – so I can’t actually edit visually at all unless I use Yellow Pencil.  Any thoughts on how to correct that issue?

My site is not currently public.  If I need to publish for you to understand the issue or provide you with access to my admin temporarily, please let me know.

I appreciate your help on this!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @positivelypeaceful,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

When you click a portfolio category and go to that single project page, the breadcrumb has both the Home page and a Projects page which would be redundant in this case.  I instead want to remove the Projects page link and only have the Home link.  (See the breadcrumb image attached.)

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you to achieve it?

Also, as your website is not publicly accessible, would you mind if I log in to your site and access it? If this is ok then could you please temporarily share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

Second, on the Blog title bar it lists “Category:” before the category name. I would like it to read with only the category title and not have the “Category:” text. I added the colorlib divilab as suggested in the forum, but there is no documentation on how to use that plugin.

You have to just activate that plugin.

If I need to add the child theme, please let me know how to do capture all the custom CSS I have added not only on the Customize page, but through Yellow Pencil. Otherwise when I activate it, all my CSS customization is removed.

Using child theme won’t affect your custom CSS added on the Customize page and Yellow Pencil.

Finally, due to the particular demo I used, it required Unyson on the Home Page instead of the WP Bakery builder. There was also a recommendation of Brizy. All of these editors are installed and I believe they are clashing with one another – so I can’t actually edit visually at all unless I use Yellow Pencil. Any thoughts on how to correct that issue?

The unyson plugin recommends a Brizy page builder but the theme doesn’t require it so you can remove it.

The YellowPencil is a page builder but the WordPress CSS style editor plugin that allows you to customize your website design in real-time.

You can use Unyson or WPBakery page builder.

You can only edit the page using the same page builder that you used to create it so if you have used WPBakery or Unyson or any other page builder then please use the same page builder to edit the page.

Please do not switch between page builders or else you will lose the content so choose the page builder that you want to use initially when you create the article content.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

positivelypeaceful
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your response.  Please see the private information so you can review the issues I am having.

• I hope you can help me find a way to fix the breadcrumb issue.  It only needs to be changed on the Portfolio Single Projects Pages.
    • As for the Colorlib Divilab issue, I have activated the plugin and it does not remove “Category” from the Blog Title.
    • I still need assistance with the page builder issue.  None of the visual builders work to edit the home page (since it is Unyson).  I have only been able to make changes through Yellow Pencil/CSS and the standard WordPress editor.  All other pages I have had to use the WordPress editor as well.  If I go into WP Bakery / Brizy / Unysom it was always just showing a blank page rather than the demo content that was originally there.

I appreciate your help with this.  I am so close to completing my site and these issues have been extremely frustrating.   I have worked with several builders in the past and none have been as difficult to work with as this.  What have I missed that would make these templates more visually editable?

Thank you for sharing the site credentials but it seems you missed sharing the site URL so could you please share it?

positivelypeaceful
    Participant

I apologize for the missing that detail.  The URL is http://www.positivelypeaceful.com.

Not an issue at all.

I hope you can help me find a way to fix the breadcrumb issue.  It only needs to be changed on the Portfolio Single Projects Pages.

I don’t see any breadcrumb on your website as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please display it so that I can help you?

As for the Colorlib Divilab issue, I have activated the plugin and it does not remove “Category” from the Blog Title.

Could you please share the topic URL from where you have taken the custom plugin so that I can help you to achieve it?

I still need assistance with the page builder issue.  None of the visual builders work to edit the home page (since it is Unyson).  I have only been able to make changes through Yellow Pencil/CSS and the standard WordPress editor.  All other pages I have had to use the WordPress editor as well.  If I go into WP Bakery / Brizy / Unysom it was always just showing a blank page rather than the demo content that was originally there.

I can see you can edit the home page of your website using the Unyson page builder as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please tell me exactly what you want to change in it so that I can guide you?

Attachments:

positivelypeaceful
    Participant

Hello,

I removed the custom code that shut off the breadcrumbs.  I had shut them off out of frustration.  I thought I would have had the site completed a couple weeks ago and I have been fighting these same few issues.

1.  Please help on the Portfolio Projects Single Page to change the breadcrumb to show Home > [Project Name] instead of Home > Projects > [Project Name]
    2. On the single page please help me remove the word “Category:” that is shown before the Category Title.  I have attached the zip file that I downloaded from a link in one of the Shufflehound support tickets where it was offered as a fix for this issue.  Unfortunately, that has not worked for me.
    3. Is there a way on the Single Page Porfolio to have the Lightbox display arrows and move through the full gallery for that page?

I appreciate your help.

Attachments:

Please help on the Portfolio Projects Single Page to change the breadcrumb to show Home > [Project Name] instead of Home > Projects > [Project Name]

You can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.single-fw-portfolio #breadcrumbs .item-custom-post-type-fw-portfolio,
    .single-fw-portfolio #breadcrumbs .item-custom-post-type-fw-portfolio + span.separator {
        display: none;
    }

On the single page please help me remove the word “Category:” that is shown before the Category Title. I have attached the zip file that I downloaded from a link in one of the Shufflehound support tickets where it was offered as a fix for this issue. Unfortunately, that has not worked for me.

I made the changes in your shared custom plugin file and uploaded it on your website which removed the word “Category:” on category archive pages.

Could you please confirm it?

Is there a way on the Single Page Porfolio to have the Lightbox display arrows and move through the full gallery for that page?

No, there isn’t any option to achieve it.

positivelypeaceful
    Participant

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That is exactly what I needed.

I am a little disappointed that I can’t click through the portfolio galleries. Is there a way to point the home page Fancy Portfolio to a different Single Project page where I can use a Lightbox plugin that will scroll through the gallery?

I may move ahead with publishing my site before I implement that change, but would possibly want to update that in the future.

Thank you again for your help.  Have a beautiful day!

positivelypeaceful
    Participant

I do have one more question.  On the fancy portfolio single project page, is there a way to designate what part of a image shows in the squares?  The images are cut off in unusual ways and I don’t want to cut all of them into squares.  I also didn’t change the view to a masonry style layout.

There are too many questions on this topic so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create a new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add a reference to this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you with your new thread.

SPayne
    Participant

May I ask what plugin was used to customize the display of the Category Title settings?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sorry for our late response. Please notice that it is better to start a new topic that to reply for old one.

Previously this was answered by different support user, so we will need a link to your website, so we can see the issue in live.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)