Cannot remove directory: /wpcom-141548805/wp-content/uploads/fw-backup/tmp

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cannot remove directory: /wpcom-141548805/wp-content/uploads/fw-backup/tmp

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cannot remove directory: /wpcom-141548805/wp-content/uploads/fw-backup/tmp

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • jacky88
    Participant

Hi,

It seems there is a bug in the Gillion Theme. When I try to install one of the demo themes in Tools > Demo Content Install I get the following error:
    <h3 class=”fw-text-danger”>Cannot remove directory: /wpcom-141548805/wp-content/uploads/fw-backup/tmp</h3>
    Can you please advise steps to fix it ASAP?

Thanks,

Jack

Shufflehound

Hi there,

It could happen, because there is some folder/file permissions issues in wp-content folder.

You can see this tutorial to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

jacky88
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks. I have just spoken to WordPress Support and since my website is hosted on their server, they advised that it’s not possible to edit file permissions. The only solution would be to upload the XML file.

Therefore, can you please send me the XML files so I can then import the demo content? I need these ASAP.

Thanks,
    Jack

Shufflehound

Oh, then you can use our other demo installation method under Appearance > Import Demo Data and let us know if that works. 🙂

jacky88
    Participant

Yes, but that only works with XML files. Where can I find them? Please send these to me via email.

Thanks

Shufflehound

This method uses XML files, so please test it.

jacky88
    Participant

There are NO XML file in the zip files. Where can I find them? Can you please add the attachments here?

jacky88
    Participant

Hi, can I please have these files as soon as possible?

Shufflehound

There are various files involved. XML files will give you only posts, but it won’t look like demo as it won’t include our theme settings, widgets and other settings.

Appearance > Import Demo Data is completely different demo installation method than Tools > Demo Content Install and it doesn’t use any ZIP files at all. Can you please confirm that you tried to use it?

jacky88
    Participant

I followed the instructions provided in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-HJ8OhaBIE&t=13s

It was all ok, but at the very last step when I clicked on Tools > Demo Content Install, I get the following error message: <h3 class=”fw-text-danger”>Cannot remove directory: /wpcom-141548805/wp-content/uploads/fw-backup/tmp</h3>

WordPress advised that to fix this, the Theme creator needs to provide an updated version without this error – since this is not a standard WordPress theme they are not able to assist, so it’s up to the Theme creator to provide full support. Unfortunately “Changing File Permissions” can only be done if you have a self-hosted website, therefore not possible in my case as mine is WordPress (as advised by WordPress Support).

How can this be fixed then? This is causing me so many issues and delays, and I need to get this fixed NOW. I would suggest, while you’re trying to fix the problem and come up with other solutions, you send me the XML files and I will see if these may resolve the issue.

Shufflehound

We can understand that and we will send these files if there won’t be any other solutions.

But you are using our old installation method (which you can see in video), but we are offering to try our new installation method under (Appearance > Import Demo Data), which is built for cases like this, when our legacy method doesn’t work.

Please see attached image bellow:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jacky88
    Participant

Not sure how I did, but I tried to upload the zip file from Appearance > Import Demo Data, even though the only accepted files are XML. Then I went to Import and I could see the buttons ‘Import’ on each of the demo themes.

So it should be all set now. I’ll be in touch if any questions. However, I’d suggest you update the instructions/documentation on how to use this method, as it was not clear and well explained. This will help future clients/users. Thanks

Shufflehound

Nice to hear that you managed to do this. 🙂

Yes, we can understand that this could be confusing, so we will try to improve it.

jacky88
    Participant

Hi, I can’t seem to locate the “create a new request button”, so I’ll write here. How can I remove the “Share This buttons” from a blog post? These seems to be a duplicate of the other social sharing buttons already included in the Theme Settings.

Hi, I can’t seem to locate the “create a new request button”, so I’ll write here.

You will get it in the bottom of this page https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/forum/gillion-theme/ as shown in the attached screenshot.

How can I remove the “Share This buttons” from a blog post? These seems to be a duplicate of the other social sharing buttons already included in the Theme Settings.

You can remove it from theme blog settings as shown in the second and third attached screenshots.

Attachments:

jacky88
    Participant

Thanks. However, by doing so I completely remove the social sharing buttons (left hand side of the screen). Instead, I want to remove the social sharing buttons at the end of the post – see attached screenshot. Any idea?

Attachments:

The theme doesn’t display those buttons but instead it seems the Jetpack plugin sharing module displays it so please disable this Sharing module in the Jetpack plugin settings as described in the following page.

https://jetpack.com/support/sharing/

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)