Can't Access Theme Settings

Home Forums Gillion Theme Can't Access Theme Settings

Home Forums Gillion Theme Can't Access Theme Settings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • johnphays
    Participant

When I click on theme settings for Gillion, it says

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

I updated to PHP 7.0.  I temporarily tried a newer version and multiple things broke, so I rolled it back to 7.0.  I currently use GoDaddy to host.

johnphays
    Participant

Also, unless it’s in those theme settings that I can’t access, I can no longer find where to upload a header image.

Hi @johnphays,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Please make sure you have activated theme required Unyson plugin.

If still the issue persists then would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

johnphays
    Participant

When I activate that plugin it says –

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot declare class Widget_Posts_Slider, because the name is already in use in <b>/home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data02/85/2193585/html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/posts-slider/class-widget-posts-slider.php</b> on line <b>0</b>

I will share my login info with you so you can help. Thanks!

John

Thank you for sharing the site credentials but I get an error message as shown in the attached screenshot when I try to access the site.

Please make sure that your site is accessible.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

johnphays
    Participant

I deactivated the Uniyson plugin in the php admin, so it should work now.  Just know that unless you fix the underlying reason, if you simply activate it again it will disable my website again.

Thanks

Solution for this topic

It’s a really strange issue as both plugin and theme are working fine on my test site and other users site.

Could you please try deleting and reinstalling below latest version of theme?

Please login to access this file

johnphays
    Participant

That worked! I can now access the theme settings.  If it breaks again I’ll let you know. Thanks!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)