Can't use landscape navigation on iPad

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Can’t use landscape navigation on iPad

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Can’t use landscape navigation on iPad

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
  • buj-admin
    Participant

Hi,

Looks like landscape navigation (that looks like laptop/desktop like) is not working on iPad. Our website is https://www.buj.cloud/ and we are running v4.8.3

I searched and it seems you guys had other people ask about it 3 years ago: https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/ipad-navigation-problem-in-landscape/

Is there a fix for it? A lot of users are using iPads obviously so this issue is not ideal by any means.

I found in settings some option about but it didn’t make any difference:
    iPad landscape navigation
    Enable or disable iPad landscape to use desktop navigation (experimental feature)

Please let me know your suggestion.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your shared website and the navigation works fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

buj-admin
    Participant

Im talking about landscape view in iPad, you can refer to that other post I mentioned.

In iPad landscape view you are seeing the regular navigation like on desktop, not mobile view. So that landscape type navigation is not working. It seems the post I found was describing the exact same thing but there was no resolution.

Do you have any ideas on how to fix it?

There is a setting you guys have added related to iPad landscape navigation but it’s not doing anything:

iPad landscape navigation
    Enable or disable iPad landscape to use desktop navigation (experimental feature)

Thanks,

Daniel

That is still an experimental feature so it may not work and there is no other option so you have to develop custom code to achieve this.

buj-admin
    Participant

Im sorry, Im not sure Im following your response. That feature is disabled on our settings, but with it enabled or disabled nothing happens, the landscape navigation on iPad doesn’t work. Also, that post I mentioned was reported 3 years ago about the same issue Im mentioning right now, so you guys still have not done anything about it?

How do I control what iPad is showing for landscape mode, it is showing desktop-like navigation, so our users can’t use the website. This sounds like a pretty big issue. Any plans to fix it?

If not, what can do adjust it so ether the mobile collapsed navigation is shown in landscape view or make desktop-like navigation work?

Thank you!

Sorry, I think I didn’t explain it to you clearly.

Let me explain it to you again.

On iPad, the theme displays mobile navigation but we have developed a feature in the theme settings called “iPad landscape navigation – Enable or disable iPad landscape to use desktop navigation (experimental feature)”.

The feature is experimental which means it is in the beta stage and not fully developed so it may not work.

If the feature does not work then there is no other option to display desktop navigation on iPad so you have to develop custom code to achieve this.

buj-admin
    Participant

Hello,

That is all clear. That feature is OFF for us but it seems your template is still showing desktop navigation in landscape mode for our website on the iPad.
    I would be fine with mobile navigation for landscape as long as it works, but I can’t achieve that because by default with that option “iPad landscape navigation – Enable or disable iPad landscape to use desktop navigation (experimental feature)” in either ON or OFF setting is always showing landscape navigation.

Any advice on how to fix it with a custom code or to show the mobile menu in that view? Our users can’t use the website and as you imagine most are using tablets now in landscape mode so this is a blocker for us. It’s also very strange that you guys had this complaint about 3 years ago and nothing has been done about it yet. We only recently found this out but do need some sort of a fix.

If you can please advise.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Here is the screenshot showing our setting attached.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by buj-admin.
    Attachments:

Could you please share the screenshot of the website in iPad landscape mode so that I can troubleshoot it?

buj-admin
    Participant

Sure, you can easily repro that if you have an iPad by going to http://www.buj.cloud and viewing it in the landscape mode. Here is the screenshot attached.

My goal is to either make sure that the mobile nav is shown for iPad view (this is iPad Pro) or make the desktop like nav work. The option in the settings for iPad landscape nav is OFF now but I tried in ON as well without any effect.

Attachments:

I visited your website and saw you are using the custom header created using the WPBakery page builder and currently, the theme iPad option “iPad landscape navigation – Enable or disable iPad landscape to use desktop navigation (experimental feature)” is not working for it.

I have created a feature request for it so that the iPad option will work for the custom header.

buj-admin
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Few questions:
    1. When you say a custom header, what do you mean by that? We are using the headers you guys supplied with the theme we purchased, we just modified some options and menus shown, but it’s not custom it’s the one that was supplied in the theme. Unless Im missing what you meant here. A screenshot of the headers we are using is below.

2. Do you know when the feature will be released as per your submitted request?

3. While we wait for this feature to be released, is there a way to show the mobile collapsed menu in landscape mode on the iPad? We want to make sure our users can browse the website and they can’t currently on iPad. Is there a way to make the mobile collapsed menu show up?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Attachments:

I have attached a screenshot of what I meant by the custom menu and what you have displayed in your shared screenshot are custom menus created using the page builder.

We don’t have any ETA for the feature but we will try to implement it soon.

Currently, to achieve this, you have to develop custom code.

Attachments:

buj-admin
    Participant

Thank you for your response. That header template was the one you guys made selected in the theme we purchased, that is why it would be odd to call it custom. We barely even modified it (just some links) in the header examples you listed.

Do you have any suggestions on how do we show mobile-like navigation on iPad in landscape mode while you guys are implementing that feature (it has been over 3 years since the last time I saw someone reported it)? We can’t have navigation not be available to our users.

Is there some custom CSS or some other code you can suggest to help us with the issue? The interesting thing to note it seems the Home button is working on that landscape nav, just not the rest of the menu options.

I can’t imagine more users are not having the issue with navigation on iPad using this theme.
    BTW, this is the theme we purchased and the nav header is exactly the same as the one we are using: https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/startup-clean/

Thanks,
    Daniel

The custom header template is not a part of the theme but the demo content that you have imported on your website.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of the Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

buj-admin
    Participant

I think maybe you are missing my point here, you guys sold the theme to us with the demo content you guys also created. That demo content had the custom header as you call it, that custom header does <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>not</span> work on iPad.

We can’t use the website on iPad in landscape mode. Am I missing something here? You can’t provide support to help with the issue for the bug you have for 3 years?!?! Our users are complaining so we need a solution asap.

We will ask for a refund of our payment then if that is the case.

You already stated that you are working on making the landscape menu work on iPad (that’s good!), but for now, Im asking how to do I make the header show the mobile menu on iPad landscape mode until you guys fix the actual issue. Is this possible for you to provide? To force the menu to be in mobile view (hamburger menu) on landscape mode on the iPad like it is shown on the portrait view right now.

Thanks,
    Daniel

As said above, we will resolve the custom header issue.

In the meanwhile, you can use the other header template as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

buj-admin
    Participant

Do you know when the customer header issue will be resolved?

Also, if we switch the template of the header to another one, will it drastically change what we added there already? Also, it’s not very clear which one to select, how are all of these different?

Thanks,
    Daniel

buj-admin
    Participant

FYI, I tried to set to Header1 as you suggested and landscape navigation still doesn’t work on iPad view. (screenshot below). Clicking on the menus is not working, but of course, works fine while on desktop view.

Can you please advise what we can do to make it work or as I mentioned before, maybe add some CSS code to show the mobile hamburger menu for now?

Attachments:

I don’t have an iPad device to test it on landscape mode therefore I test it on iPad simulator here http://appsimulator.net/webapp/?frame=apple_ipad_air_h&link=https://www.buj.cloud/ and it works fine for me.

I have asked my colleague to test it on an iPad device to troubleshoot the issue.

buj-admin
    Participant

Right because this simulator only gives you a mobile menu view on iPad landscape mode. In the new iPads Pro (and other versions), the landscape mode gives you a desktop-like menu, not the mobile menu.

You can easily repro it using Chrome and going into Developer Tools and select iPad there. (screenshot below)
    One interesting thing I noticed with this issue, is that it does allow you to click on Home menu button and at least once on any other menu button, but after that, the menu stops working. Maybe it will help your team in debugging and fixing it.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)