Cookie Notice Bar (Remember close action not working)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cookie Notice Bar (Remember close action not working)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cookie Notice Bar (Remember close action not working)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • afataya
    Participant

Hi,

I’m writing to you because the theme option “Remember close action” under Notice does not work properly. If you click on the button “Got it” then navigate to any subpage and then click a third time on any navigation point in the main menu the bar shows up again. So any second click on any navigation menu items triggers the notice bar to show up again.

It seems like another user identified the problem on Jevelin a bit over a year ago but the problem still hasn’t been resolved.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/notice-feature-bug-potential-fix/

Could you please help?

Thank you,

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on my test site clicking on navigation menu multiple times but it’s working fine for me using latest version of Gillion theme.

Please make sure you are using below latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not working so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

afataya
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi again,

thank you for the update.

This is embarrassing 😀

It was my mistake. I had a cookie control plugin (Cookie Control 8 from UKCivic) installed and it was removing the sh-notice cookie after a few clicks.

Just added sh-notice under necessary cookies in the plugin settings and problem was solved.

Btw does the beta update affect the chid theme in any way? I updated the theme folder but left the child theme folder untouched. That shouldn’t be a problem should it?

Thanks and sorry

Ahmad

You are most welcome here 🙂

Btw does the beta update affect the chid theme in any way? I updated the theme folder but left the child theme folder untouched. That shouldn’t be a problem should it?

No the update won’t affect the child theme and there won’t be any problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)