Duplication in header with ad

Home Forums Gillion Theme Duplication in header with ad

Home Forums Gillion Theme Duplication in header with ad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • hgvj
    Participant

Hey guys, how you are doing good.

I’ve noticed a strange problem earlier but it didnt matter at the time. But now, i am looking for a solution because i really need this function.

When I place ‘something’ in the theme settings -> ads -> header – banner code everything will be copied from the ‘below content’ section with any thirth party plugin. I have tried various thing, it doenst matter if you place php, html or any shortcode’s in the banner code box.

I also tried different plugins but it seems that there is something ‘wrong’ in de header php file but i cant fgure out what. Can you please help me?

See attachment.

Thanks.

Jeroen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @hgvj,

Thank you for your question.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve here so please tell me briefly exactly what output you want to achieve.

Also could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

hgvj
    Participant

Hi!

I will try to explain very simple.

When i use the ad header in the theme and add an adsense, shortcode or whatever in the ad field it will duplicatie all thirth party plugins that will automatically will be added below the content.

For example: i install the facebook comments plugin, it will appear below the content, but it also appear in the header below the ad. When I used a bought plugin with share buttons, it also will appear at the same place in header.

The website is https://hgvj.nl. But I disabled for now all the thirth party plugins. Otherwise my site is too messed up for my visitors. See screenshot.

Solution for this topic

This seems happening because the header banner is displayed using the_content filter and other third party plugins also use this filter to display their content.

I have removed that hook in the attached child theme so please try using it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

hgvj
    Participant

Thanks! That worked out great! Am I the only one who noticed it? I’m talking about thirth party plugins that are most common used (including envato)

You are most welcome here 🙂

Yes you are first and only who have faced it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)