error when trying to build a child theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme error when trying to build a child theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme error when trying to build a child theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • redred
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to build a child theme from Jevelin using the Child Theme Configurator plugin. I am seeing the following error (please see attached screenshot for context):

Warning: Parameter 1 to wp_default_scripts() expected to be a reference, value given in /nas/content/live/valleystorm/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

Warning: Parameter 1 to wp_default_styles() expected to be a reference, value given in /nas/content/live/valleystorm/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jevelin_render_google_analytics_js() (previously declared in /nas/content/live/valleystorm/wp-content/themes/jevelin/inc/static.php:108) in /nas/content/live/valleystorm/wp-content/themes/jevelin/inc/static.php on line 125

I am wondering if you can help identify the issue so I can correct before proceeding with the child theme build.

Thank you!

Best,

Red

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Red,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Instead of creating child theme using that plugin, please use the child theme attached to this reply.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

redred
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you. I’ve uploaded the child theme and things are working fine.

One follow up question – how can I rename the child theme? Also, not that I would really want to do this, but I’m curious if it’s possible to remove all references to Jevelin from the source code and still have a functioning child theme that can be updated? For example, if a client wanted to use their company name “foobar” for the theme name, id attributes that reference Jevelin, etc instead of “jevelin”. How would I go about doing that?

Thank you again, and thanks for making an awesome theme!

Best,

Red

Yes you can rename child theme and you will find information about it in the below page.

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)