Facebook Page Plugin

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Facebook Page Plugin

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Facebook Page Plugin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • pzl
    Participant

Hi Support,

I attempted to add the Facebook Page Plugin to my site. Moreover, I’m using the official code from Facebook for developers. The plugin shows up in the blog posts but not on my blog’s homepage, as well as on other pages.

I’m not sure where is wrong. Please assist. Thank you.

Hi @pzl,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not sure exactly why this is happening.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporarily deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin, Facebook Page Plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

pzl
    Participant

I tried and there were no conflicting plugin.

Moreover, the Facebook Page Plugin is a javascript code: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin

Therefore, I am unsure on the interference.

Please clear and temporarily deactivate the siteground-optimizer plugin that you are using on your website so that I can troubleshoot it?

Also, please make sure that you are using below the latest version of the theme.

Please login to access this file

pzl
    Participant

I have deactivated the plugin as instructed. And yes, I am using the latest version of the theme. Thank you so much for your kind help.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

pzl
    Participant

Sure, thank you so much for your kind help.

Thank you for sharing the site credentials but it seems the shared user account is not admin user so I can’t troubleshoot the issue.

Could you please make the shared user account as an admin user account on your website?

pzl
    Participant

Please try again, my apologies.

I logged into your website and saw you have only used facebook HTML code in the widget as shown in the attached screenshot so where are you using the javascript code?

Please either also use the javascript code or directly use the iframe code as shown in the second attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pzl
    Participant

Got it, I changed it to the iFrame code and it is now showing on the homepage. (Thank you!)

However, I noticed that the box does not show up in full no matter how I adjust the height (screenshot f1.png). – I wanted to achieve screenshot f2.png

Do you mind helping me to check why? Many thanks once again.

Attachments:

You have to set its appropriate height when configuring the plugin on facebook website as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

pzl
    Participant

Yes, I did that. In fact, I set the height at a much larger number (through a number of trial and error). However, neither of these were reflected on the site itself. Hence, I’m unsure whether there is any limit imposed by the sidebar that resulted in this issue.

No, the sidebar didn’t impose any height restriction.

Please try adding it in the page content area and using any WordPress default theme.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)