Featured image won't save on portfolio projects

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Featured image won’t save on portfolio projects

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Featured image won’t save on portfolio projects

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • bowser
    Participant

Hello! I’m hoping someone can help me. I’ve been using the Jevelin theme for a little white now to create a new portfolio (still a work in progress), and I’ve been consistently struggling to replace/ add featured images to a project. I’ve tried three different methods:

1) if I edit an existing project (that came with the template), sometimes after I replace the default image with one that I have uploaded and update the page, when I refresh the page the original default image is back. For a while, if I just kept at it or deleted the original default image and then kept replacing it with my new image, sometimes the new image would stick, but this method is no longer working for me at all. Now if I refresh the page or go back to the portfolio project screen, the featured image is just blank, and so it won’t show up at all on the homepage.

2) if I try to create an entirely new portfolio project and try to add my image as the featured image, and I refresh/ return to the edit screen, the featured image has reverted to be blank, so it won’t show up on the homepage.

3) I’ve also tried duplicating a working project (that does have a featured image) and updating the featured image, and I’m still ending up with the blank image.

I’ve tried uploading different sizes of featured images, as well. I saw somewhere on here that the featured image should be set to 1200px x 675px, and just tried that, and that didn’t work either.

In both cases, I am using the Classic WP visual editor rather than Yellow Pencil or WP Bakery (both came with the theme), as I haven’t had much success using either plugin for anything, and am more comfortable with the Classic editor.

Attached images show blank the featured image (showing in two places) and plugins that I have active. I’m stuck! I’d appreciate any help! Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

If you currently do not use the Unyson page builder, please try to do migration from the old theme framework plugin to the new one.

It is a pretty simple process and can be done under Jevelin (left admin sidebar) > Framework Upgrade and follow the steps.

It might fix this issue, so please let us know if that worked!

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

bowser
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound!

Thanks for your quick response and sorry for my own delay. When I deactivate the Unyson plugin and upgrade the framework, it breaks my front page pretty spectacularly (see screenshots). I do have some custom CSS that I did try removing when I upgraded to see if it fixed anything, but to no avail, so I think I have to keep Unyson turned on. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Oh, then it seems that you are using the Unyson page builder.

At least for the featured image issue currently the only solution we have is to upgrade the framework. The Unyson framework plugin (which you are currently using) itself is discontinued and causes many issues.

One way how this issue can be solved is to recreate pages in the WPBakery page builder as it has the same elements as the Unyson framework and then upgrade the framework, but that could be time-consuming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)