Footer - Popular Posts

Home Forums Gillion Theme Footer – Popular Posts

Home Forums Gillion Theme Footer – Popular Posts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Art7755
    Participant

Hello,
    There is an issue with regards to Footer widgets – Popular Posts.

As I understand whenever I am mentioning the post as a “Sticky post” it first shows in a front page ,check photo 1.

Meanwhile, In a Footer section, please Check photo 2, instead of 4 posts showing 9 posts, 5 sticky posts + 4 standard post.

please check it in a website https://iviki.ru

Need a help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @Art7755,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This is how the widget works by default but if you want to remove sticky posts from it then you can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Gillion theme that contains some custom code.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Art7755
    Participant

Thanks for a reply,

So you mean, if I do not take sticky posts off, then my footer always gonna be like that? so the footer will get bigger and bigger?

With regards to your attachment, If I change the theme according to the attached child, will it change  my current template? will it change the front page structure?

Thanks

So you mean, if I do not take sticky posts off, then my footer always gonna be like that? so the footer will get bigger and bigger?

Currently yes but i have created feature request for it so that it will be changed in the future version of theme.

With regards to your attachment, If I change the theme according to the attached child, will it change  my current template? will it change the front page structure?

No it won’t change the template or structure.

Art7755
    Participant

Thanks for a reply,

I have already find a solution for that with Adding another widget  “Shufflehoud recent posts V2” by adding Specific posts only by entering posts IDs

Glad you found the solution.

You are always welcome here 🙂

We have resolved it in the following theme version so please try using it.

Please login to access this file

Art7755
    Participant

Thank you,

So if I replace my old version with this one, It won’t mixed up my Front page?since I have added some widgets, I also Remove the Twitter widget ?

P.S. An updated version of WordPress is available. 4.9.4 , if I update it , will it be ok?

So if I replace my old version with this one, It won’t mixed up my Front page?since I have added some widgets, I also Remove the Twitter widget ?

No it won’t mix up.

P.S. An updated version of WordPress is available. 4.9.4 , if I update it , will it be ok?

Yes it will be ok.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)