Google Analytics: update from ga.js.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Google Analytics: update from ga.js.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Google Analytics: update from ga.js.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • cagross
    Participant

Hello. In Theme Options–>Custom Code–>Google Analytics ID, I can enter my GA ID so that my site stats can be tracked on Google Analytics. To implement Google Analytics on my site, your theme appears to use ga.js. But this is now a legacy method of implementing Google Analytics, and it is recommended that you upgrade (see here). Are you able to do so, or do you have plans to do so in the near future?

I ask because I would like to install Google Optimize on my site, and I cannot do so on a site that uses ga.js for Google Analytics (see here).

Thanks.

Hi @cagross,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have notified this to the theme developer so that it will be upgraded in the future version of the theme.

In the meanwhile, you can use any other solutions to use Google analytics on your site.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cagross
    Participant

OK thanks for the reply.

>> I have notified this to the theme developer so that it will be upgraded in the future version of the theme.

Do you have a rough estimate as to when you expect to release the next theme version?

>> In the meanwhile, you can use any other solutions to use Google analytics on your site.

Got it–I’ll probably go with that.

Do you have a rough estimate as to when you expect to release the next theme version?

We don’t have any ETA yet.

cagross
    Participant

OK thanks. We can consider this resolved.

You are always welcome here 🙂

cagross
    Participant

Just to update you, I installed Google Analytics via analytics.js, by adding this code to my child theme’s functions.php file:

//Add Google Analytics to site.
    if ($_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’] == ‘www.jewelsbyaron.com’) {
    function add_googleanalytics() {
    ?>
    <script>
    window.ga=window.ga||function(){(ga.q=ga.q||[]).push(arguments)};ga.l=+new Date;
    ga(‘create’, ‘UA-XXXXXXX-1’, ‘auto’);
    ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’);
    </script>
    <script async src=’https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js’></script&gt;

<?php }
    add_action(‘wp_footer’, ‘add_googleanalytics’);
    }

It was taken from this page.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by cagross.

Awesome great to see you got that achieved and thank you for sharing the solution in the forum.

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)