I’m trying to update Jevelin-Theme from 2.4.12 to first 5.3.3 and today 5.3.4.
I read a lot in the forum about changing the pagebuilder and two builders are activated: Unyson and wpbakery. I need to have Unsyson still activated because my pages aren’t rebuilt by now.
I tried a lot of ways to update the theme: updating the installed version, import the theme as new and uploading the theme by FTP.
But whenever I activate version 5.3.x the header shows three logos (the normal, the light and the sticky divs, but they aren’t activated in customizer nor in theme) and the wrong font.
Of course I’ve checked the following files: style.css, functions.php and header.php, but I can’t find the reason for that problem.
By now still the version 2.4.12 ist activated, so you won’t see it on the page: RIMPLER COSMETICS – Die ganze Welt der Schönheit
For sure I can activate it for a moment if you’re asking for.
Do you have any idea what to do?
It is possible that your CSS remains cached.
After the update please try to clear both browser cache and the site cache if you are using performance plugins.
Would it be possible for us to log in to your website and try to update the theme? You can share the login details in the private information field below.
Thank you for the offer, this would be great.
Can we do this next week? It’s important to have the website online today and over the weekend.
you should have received an email.
Pleas tell me, when you’re gonig to look at the problem. I’d like to activate the maintenance modus.
We added some custom CSS and it seems that it is working just fine. The issue might occur due to some WordPress plugin compatibility issue.
Can you please take a look? 🙂
now there’s only one logo, sure, because of hiding the other ones by CSS.
But the fonts are still wrong. Before the upgrade fonts were loaded by the stylesheet of the theme. I tried to include it the @font-CSS also into the stylesheet of the customizer and copied the ‘webfont’-folder nearly everywhere after trying to change the path (../, ./). But “Jaro-Handwriting” only works at the start-page and after you’ve added the CSS to hide the Logos also the font in the header is wrong (please refer to the picture from the first post where the font is shown corrctly in the right site of the picture).
Problem remains after changing the header type in Jevelin thme settings.
The logo functionality always has worked that way, even in the old theme versions. Our guess is that performance optimization causes the issues previously.
About the font issue, we improved the custom @font-face CSS (changed to the absolute path) and it seems that the font is now loading on all pages.
Also, we added further improvements to the header.
Can you please take a look now?
So sorry … now the header is allright and also the fonts, but now, after an update to version 5.3.5 the dashboard of Jevelin shows a fatal error. I can’t change the settings or update the custom code.
I deactivate all the plugins but not WPBakery nor the slider but the error remained.
By now other plugins are reactivated because this error is only in the backend and not showing in the frontend.
The error remains by activing my child them which I’d built while the Jevelin board was still running.
I’m sorry to have deleted your account but of course I’d give your a new one.
Oh, we tested it in our demo sites and it was working fine.
If you can please create a new account and we will take a look.
I’ve created an account for you and should have received an email.
The website is set to maintenance mode and I’ve deactivated almost all plugins, the error is still there.
Thank you for having a look.
Thank you for the login details!
We found what was causing the issue, but it is weird because it was working fine in our demo sites.
We attached the latest beta version below where this bug should be fixed:
Please login to access this file
Let us know if that works! 🙂
I’m sorry that I have to tell you that the error remains … Website is still running fine in Frontend but I don’t have access to the backend-settings.