Home link "original" from demo content.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Home link "original" from demo content.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Home link "original" from demo content.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • cheeks
    Participant

Hi there. I modified the Jevelin basic home page to create my company’s website. When I click on “Home”, I’m directed to the Jevelin page. It has to go to my website. I cannot seem to delete the URL, see screen shot. Can you guide me how to fix this please?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cheeks
    Participant

Similarly for my top bar menu item “Product”, the original is “Photography”, so when I click on “Product” I am taken to the jevelin page per the screen shot. How do I change that?

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

Hi there, I have solved the problem in regards to “Products” on my top bar menu. But I am still struggling with “Home”, also on the top bar menu. This is because I am using the demo content Home pAGE, with modifications. Let me know how to  make it link my site instead of the Jevelin site. “Original” in the menu option cannot be removed.  cheers.

Hi @cheeks,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This is happening because you are using Home page menu item which links to page and you can’t edit URL of it. Instead you should use Custom Links menu item.

Please find more information about using WordPress menus on the following pages.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-add-navigation-menu-in-wordpress-beginners-guide/

https://optimizerwp.com/documentation/setting-up-the-menu/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cheeks
    Participant

Hi , thanks for getting back. I know how to create menus but I do not understand what you meant by “Instead you should use Custom Links menu item” — what do you mean?

I modified the Home page from the demo content. What are the steps I should take now to enable a click through to citytechchemical.com when a user clicks “Home” on the top bar menu? Please let me have the steps so I can fix it? Thanks.

cheeks
    Participant

Please see screen shot so you understand why I am confused. The permalink says citytechchemical.com.

And I added content to the demo theme of the Home Basic. Can you guide me to a quick fix of the menu so that upon clicking “home”, a user is taken to citytechchemical.com instead of the jevelin page? Thanks.

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

Please let me know if what I have done is correct per the screen shot? This is in regards to the Home page.

Attachments:

Yes you did it correct as shown in your screenshot that is what I was telling you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)