Homepage Navi Menu Frozen (after Wordpress 5.5 Update)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Homepage Navi Menu Frozen (after WordPress 5.5 Update)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Homepage Navi Menu Frozen (after WordPress 5.5 Update)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Vaughan53
    Participant

I have recently updated worpdress to 5.5 and noticed the main header navigation menu is frozen and none of the drop down menus appear.

I had to revert to previous backup. I want to upgrade to wordpress 5.5 but can’t with this major issue.

Need help please.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

Solution for this topic

It seems the theme jQuery script is causing the issue as jQuery is updated in the latest WordPress version 5.5

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Please clear your browser cache after updating the theme so that the latest js and CSS files will be loaded.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer and solution.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

Unfortunately this update did not sort out the problem.

I have temporarily downgrade WordPress to the previous version and it is back as normal.

But I would like to upgrade to 5.5 for security reasons.

@stephaneperrin I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using the latest version of the Jevelin theme.

After updating the theme to the latest version, please clear and temporarily deactivate the WPRocket cache plugin that you are using on your website.

Vaughan53
    Participant

I’m a little frustrated now.

• I’ve downloaded Jevelin from Themeforest
    • Updated theme via wordpress
    • Updated to WordPress 5.5
    • cleared all cache etc
    • Problem still exists

My nav menu does not click at all. The drop down menus don’t appear

https://www.japanesetutormelbourne.com.au/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Vaughan53.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

Same for me.

I can still see the cache plugin activate on your website.

As requested above, after updating the theme to the latest version, please clear and temporarily deactivate the WPRocket or WP-Optimize cache plugin that you are using on your website.

Vaughan53
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did previously purge the cache after updating everything but that obviously wasn’t enough. I’ve now deactivated then activated the cache plugin and everything seems to work now. Thank you

Glad, it is working fine for you now.

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)