Installation Demo content failure due to OVH general settings

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Installation Demo content failure due to OVH general settings

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Installation Demo content failure due to OVH general settings

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • iznomad
    Participant

Hi,

When I tried to install the Demo content I received the following error:

“Maximum execution time of 29 seconds exceed”

In the forum I found that it was necessary to add the following sequence on top of .htaccess file:

php_value post_max_size 64M
    php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
    php_value memory_limit 64M
    php_value max_execution_time 259200
    php_value max_input_time 259200

And install the plugin Regenerate Thumbnails.

But adding the sequence make the website crash.

The assistance on the forum told me to contact my host which is OVH and ask them to enable me to edit the php.ini to change these parameters.

But OVH says the server is mutualised so if they changed these parameters it changes them for all the users and may damage the OVH server. So they cannot take this risk for only one theme that is too heavy.

Can you help ?

Thanks

Hi @iznomad,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share me your site login details and FTP or cPanel details on [email protected] so that i can troubleshoot the issue?

Please notify me on this topic after sending the details.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

iznomad
    Participant

Hi,

Information sent to [email protected]

Best regards

Thank you for sending the site details but you didn’t share your site URL so could you please share it?

iznomad
    Participant

Sent

iznomad
    Participant

Hi,

Any feedback ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Thank you for your patience here.

I logged in to your site and i got the error “The execution failed. Please check error.log” when i tried to import demo content so i resolved this issue as described in the following topic and imported the demo content.

http://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/cannot-install-demo-content/

Could you please check your site and let me know whether the demo content imported successfully on it?

iznomad
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks it seems that the Demo Content is fully installed now.

I did not understand your point about the error.log. Could you explain me what to do to “check error.log” ?

Thanks

Best regards

Thanks it seems that the Demo Content is fully installed now.

You are most welcome here 🙂

I did not understand your point about the error.log. Could you explain me what to do to “check error.log” ?

It means you have to check the error log file on your server as described on the following page that contains useful information about the errors occurred on your site.

https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204403804/where-are-the-access_log-and-error_log-files-for-my-server

iznomad
    Participant

But they are thousands of lines in the error log unless the only thing I did for now is install Jevelin theme. Only some of the page of the demo content are working, The home pages Corporate, Wedding, boxed, landing etc shows error 404. I said that it was ok a bit too early…

The problem is not resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Please share us your error log file so that we can check it.

To resolve the 404 errors please try resaving permalink settings on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iznomad
    Participant

Hi,

I answered you on the mail address [email protected]

Thank you for sending the error log but there isn’t any error in it but just the log of xmlrpc and cron job activities which are not errors. I think you assume due to file name that whatever in the file are errors but this is not true.

Also sorry for misunderstanding i thought you are talking about normal pages but now i understood that you are talking about different home page templates which works  on our demo site because we have used there multisite.

i don’t think you need to use multiple home page templates on your single site and on demo site it is only for display purpose but if you still want to use it then use the latest version of theme from http://support.shufflehound.com/download/jevelin-beta and create pages for each of those template and import the appropriate template for those pages from visual page builder as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)