InstallingTheme Updates

Home Forums Jevelin Theme InstallingTheme Updates

Home Forums Jevelin Theme InstallingTheme Updates

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • staterequirement
    Participant

I have received emails since installing Javelin that there have been updates to the theme.

I am curious as to what I need to do to install these updates, yet keep all the changes to my site.

I am using the child theme supplied when installing the theme originally.

I appreciate your help!

Hi @staterequirement,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Below is a latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

You can update it by either deleting existing theme and then install latest theme version of it or use the following plugin to update the theme.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

After activating the above plugin just install the downloaded theme on your site.

You won’t lose your site content after updating the theme but for safer side you can take backup of your site before updating the theme.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

staterequirement
    Participant

Should I be using the child theme?

Yes you should use child theme.

Please find benefits and more information about child theme in the following page.

http://freewptp.com/why-and-how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

staterequirement
    Participant

Does installing the updates include updates to the Child theme?

No the updates are only for parent theme.

staterequirement
    Participant

My apologies for not understanding.

So  I should download and install the theme updates, then create a new child theme from the updated main theme?

So  I should download and install the theme updates, then create a new child theme from the updated main theme?

No you have to just download and install parent theme updates and don’t need to create or update new child theme unless you are making major template changes in the child theme which is braking site functionality.

In short just update parent theme and check whether the site works fine. If not then check whether this is due to child theme. If it is due to child theme then only update the child theme but this is vary rare case.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)