iphone/ipad mini stalls at loader...just keeps spinning

Home Forums Jevelin Theme iphone/ipad mini stalls at loader…just keeps spinning

Home Forums Jevelin Theme iphone/ipad mini stalls at loader…just keeps spinning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • littlewizquinn
    Participant

The site is running well in *most* environments. However, I had one person (ahem the business owner) who could not get their iphone 6 PLUS to move past the loader on the homepage.  I reset everything on her phone and could NOT resolve the issue.  I walked away thinking it was a device issue, as I couldn’t recreate the issue anywhere…until tonight, 2 months later.  I just tried to view the site on a 1st gen ipad mini and I can’t get past the loader either!

I tweaked some settings, and nothing seems to work. i don’t even know how to tell you to recreate the issue for support as it was an iphone 6 Plus, and now this iPad mini…

Is there ANYTHING I can do to have the site load something, anything for these users without harming the UX for other mobile/tablet devices?

Oh – and before the yellow pencil hack in early April…the site worked on these devices and We wiped the server clean and I rebuilt from scratch using a sandbox as reference.  So…something somewhere changed…and I’m just not smart enough to figure it out!  Help?

Hi @littlewizquinn,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Please update the theme on your site to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

littlewizquinn
    Participant

Ok, will give this a shot, will let you know once I install the fresh theme.

Although it should be noted after Yellow Pencil – we are currently only running 4 plugins. Jetpack, Slider Rev, Unyson and Wordfence. You may note WpBakery page builder is NOT installed or being used (don’t need it, as I use Unyson or code).

I can’t figure why any of these 4 active plugins would be the issue.

Ok. Please update me after testing it.

littlewizquinn
    Participant

Well – reloaded theme.  Still didn’t work. Only saw the loader image on ipad test device.

Disabled loader animation…now the Rev slider masthead shows! BUT any content areas (sections) in the body of the page that include animation (fade in up) DO NOT LOAD. (I figured this out by removing the animation from one section and it appeared) Global Nav menu (hamburger nav in the upper right) doesn’t function.

I could remove the section animation throughout the site, but I don’t want to, as it looks fantastic on other devices/platforms! And the nav not working at all is a concern.

Which browser are you using?

Could you please test it using a different browser?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)