Issues with icon box slider on mobile

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Issues with icon box slider on mobile

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Issues with icon box slider on mobile

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • jkloptosky
    Participant

I’m using the standard icon box slider and observed two issues.

1. When there are 5 or less items in the slider, the sliding buttons do not function correctly on a mobile resolution. The styles that reflect the selected button don’t show (e.g. colored bottom border and colored icon) and the sliding of the buttons don’t work in this context. Note that the content slides do appear to cycle correctly, it’s just the button panel that doesn’t work. Also note that everything appears to work fine once you add a 6th item.
    2. The watermarked icon on the button appears to have a higher z-index during animation before setting to a lower z-index after animation is complete. This creates an odd effect of the icon floating over the text and then flickering to behind it. This is more apparent on mobile where it’s a tighter space for everything to display.

Jevelin 2.8.0 w/ all plugins up to date.

Thanks!

Hi @jkloptosky,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Also if possible could you please share me the screenshots of the issue?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

jkloptosky
    Participant

http://www2.gavant.com/industries/manufacturing/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

When there are 5 or less items in the slider, the sliding buttons do not function correctly on a mobile resolution. The styles that reflect the selected button don’t show (e.g. colored bottom border and colored icon) and the sliding of the buttons don’t work in this context. Note that the content slides do appear to cycle correctly, it’s just the button panel that doesn’t work. Also note that everything appears to work fine once you add a 6th item.

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

The watermarked icon on the button appears to have a higher z-index during animation before setting to a lower z-index after animation is complete. This creates an odd effect of the icon floating over the text and then flickering to behind it. This is more apparent on mobile where it’s a tighter space for everything to display.

I don’t see this issue on your shared site so could you please share me the screenshot of it.

jkloptosky
    Participant

Interesting. This issue appears to occur when there are more than 5 items in the list, at which point the buttons become a sliding stage with the active button remaining in the center. With 5 or less buttons, the stage is fixed with the active button remaining in its fixed position, and this situation does not appear to produce the issue.

To demonstrate this issue, I added a 6th item to that slider on the same page. Now you should be able to observe the issue (readily observable in both desktop and mobile view) by clicking back and forth between, say, “Hardware Interface” and “Operations Management”.

So to summarize… There seems to be two separate issues here, one that is observable with 5 or less items and one that is observable with more than 5 items.

Please note that capturing a screenshot is difficult on this because the issue is observable mid-animation and resolves itself at the completion of the animation.

I have tested it on chroem browsers on both mobile and desktop but didn’t notice the issue.

Which browser are you using?

Could you please try using different browser to know whether this is browser specific issue?

jkloptosky
    Participant

I observed this with Safari on Mac. I’m unable to observe the issue with Chrome on Mac.

OK. I have also notified this to the theme developer to troubleshoot it.

jkloptosky
    Participant

Hi,

Our new site is now live and I was hoping for an ETA on these fixes.

Thanks.

Thank you for your patience.

It will be resolved soon and will update you here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)