Jevelin Theme Form Errors

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Theme Form Errors

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Theme Form Errors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • NVNioX
    Participant

Hello,

I encounter a problem with the form module included with the Jevelin theme.
    When I click on “Submit”, the page is reloaded and I’m back at the top of the page, even if they are errors on the filled field of the form.
    Errors are well displayed but I have to scroll the page to the contact form to see them. Result: Client can think the message is sent but actually it’s not.

Is there a way to display a message at the top of the page to indicate that they are errors on the form? Or better, is there a way to automatically scroll to the form if errors are present?

Or, is there a way to check fields without reloading the page?

Thank you for your help!

Nicolas

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Yes, for this feature it would be better to use Contact Form 7 plugin, you can download it here. Works great and have many customization options.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

somedayrainbows
    Participant

Yes, but how do we connect the contact plugin to the form you’ve coded in the Landing Page template? And how to connect it to Mailchimp?

@somedayrainbows

Yes, but how do we connect the contact plugin to the form you’ve coded in the Landing Page template?

You don’t have to connect it but use the contact form 7 shortcode in the page.

And how to connect it to Mailchimp?

To connect it to mailchimp you can use the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-mailchimp-extension/

somedayrainbows
    Participant

Yes, but I want it to look like your form. When I add the shortcode for the Contact 7 form in the page, it looks terrible in comparison (text fields stacked on top of one another) and is not styled like your form in the Landing Page template. Is there any way to integrate Contact 7 with your existing form?

somedayrainbows
    Participant

Additionally, you provide options in your form to deliver success and error messages to the end user, but as the original commenter stated, these do not work when the user submits the form. Your form is beautiful, it is just missing some key functionality. Can it be fixed in a theme update?

Yes, but I want it to look like your form. When I add the shortcode for the Contact 7 form in the page, it looks terrible in comparison (text fields stacked on top of one another) and is not styled like your form in the Landing Page template. Is there any way to integrate Contact 7 with your existing form?

Contact form 7 and our forms are two different forms so they can’t be integrated and you can only use either of them. As these are two different forms the Contact form 7 will display differently and you have to style it using CSS to look it like the theme form.

Additionally, you provide options in your form to deliver success and error messages to the end user, but as the original commenter stated, these do not work when the user submits the form. Your form is beautiful, it is just missing some key functionality. Can it be fixed in a theme update?

I think you are misunderstanding something here. The original commentator said “Errors are well displayed but I have to scroll the page to the contact form to see them.” so if this is not a case on your site then use the theme form.

somedayrainbows
    Participant

When my user submits your form on my site, there are no errors displayed, no success message, nothing. The form seems to not work. I, on the other hand, receive the email notification that the user completed the form, just fine. I would just like your form to work for my users. I do not understand why you would build a form and sell it with your theme (a main reason I purchased the theme), but then NOT address the issues with the form and suggest using another form builder is the answer. Why even include the form and landing page template at all? It’s misleading to buyers.

@somedayrainbows

The form is working fine for all users except you but if you request a functionality that the form doesn’t provide currently then we just refer to use form plugin.

It seems your issue is different than the issue posted in this topic by the original users so could you please create new topic for your issue so that we can help you there?

This will ensure the original topic creator doesn’t receive unwanted notifications of replies.

We would be more than happy to help you to make the form work on your new topic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)