logo display issue(s) with Personal Blog demo

Home Forums Jevelin Theme logo display issue(s) with Personal Blog demo

Home Forums Jevelin Theme logo display issue(s) with Personal Blog demo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • imtomgamedev
    Participant

I am having issue with the header logo, specifically, correct display of standard and light versions of my logo.  I’ve worked with WP themes for a number of years and am familiar with building sites using WP and various themes.

I’ve been able to get the logo to display, needed to make changes to the logo, size,color, etc and upload/replace prior logo with new.  Then began having issues with the correct logo actually appearing standard vs light version as mentioned.  At one point, randomly, no logo at all and was replaced with site title text instead.

I initially thought this was a caching issue and repeated step in another browser, same things began to occur.

Basically, I’ve spent nearly three hours attempting to simply add a logo to the Personal Blog demo.  I need some guidance please.

PS. Theme is current (newly installed), all plugins installed.

Sincerely,

Tom Dean

Hi Tom Dean,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

Also, please temporarily deactivate the cache If you are using it on your website.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

imtomgamedev
    Participant

https://imtomgamedev.com/

I’ve deactivated all plugins except woo, slider and unyson.  Same issues, the logo behavior is pretty random.  I had the “i<span class=”customize-control-title”>Pad landscape navigation</span>” experimental setting on. Turned it off, seemed to get my logo to appear, then tried updating with new, and again, not updating to new.

imtomgamedev
    Participant

I’ve attached the two logos I’m currently attempting to have displayed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

imtomgamedev
    Participant

The most recent behavior is that one will show.  As you scroll down, it should swap to the other logo but nothing displays.

imtomgamedev
    Participant

At the moment, both are set but neither is appearing.

imtomgamedev
    Participant

Here’s a video clip in Safari on mac.

Attachments:

imtomgamedev
    Participant

Same setup but in Firefox browser.

Attachments:

imtomgamedev
    Participant

Once I disabled the plugins except for the three required to remain active, the home page is displaying scripting code that was not there when all plugins were active.

I’ll try not to make any additional changes to settings until I hear back from you, though, I may resume trying after 12 ET.

Solution for this topic

I visited your shared website and the logo displays fine for me on your website home page as shown in the attached screenshots.

Are you facing the issue on any specific page?

Also, could you please share the screenshot of the theme header settings where you have set the logos?

Attachments:

imtomgamedev
    Participant

After deleting the theme and reinstalling, I was able to to finally have the logo appear correctly after some trial and error.

However, I am now having issue (again on home page) with the DIV image seen the attached from showing up.  Using Yellow Pencil to try and replace the default, I briefly was able to swap out the image yesterday, though, the image change did not take.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Tom

Attachments:

imtomgamedev
    Participant

Update to my latest issue, the only way for me to successfully replace the default home page background for #content .vc_custom_1567695412473 was to edit the source and swap our the reference to “https://cdn.jevelin.shufflehound.com/personal-blog/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2019/09/bg-par2.jpg?id=277&#8221; with my own image file.

Rather than using this work around method of editing the source directly and replacing the default file reference with my own is not ideal when somewhere in the future the theme may be updated and this work around edit and possibly other work around changes may be lost.

I’ve recorded a brief YT video (link below) that clearly shows me simply attempting to update the DIV background from one image to another.  The current BG image seen in the video is the one I simply swapped out the demo’s default source code link with my own.  You will see that the attempted update does not display.  The video does not show saving the change but attempting to preview the change. I’ve attempted a number of times saving changes and the change made in YellowPencil appears to be saved (in the GUI settings) but the change is NOT viewable on the page itself.  This is similar to my original logo issue.

Can you please explain the reason the GUI edits are not persisting?  Thank you kindly.

Tom

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by imtomgamedev.

Solution for this topic

Please use the Yellow Pencil editor to style the page and not to change the content such as text or images.

To change the image, please edit the page using the wpbakery page builder and then change the background image of the row as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

imtomgamedev
    Participant

Thank you very much!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)