Menu custom link scrolls to section and reloads the page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Menu custom link scrolls to section and reloads the page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Menu custom link scrolls to section and reloads the page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Manwel
    Participant

Hi Support

<div class=”sh-bbp-replies-center-description”>

Hi Support,

I have a similar issue as the one reported here:

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/scroll-to-page-id-on-home-page/#post-37930

I have done exactly as you suggested by entering the URL like http://www.mysite.com/#about-us in the Menu custom link and it works fine when I am on a different page than the home page one. It reloads the home page and goes to the about-us section. This is what I expect.

However when I am already on the home page, if I click on the about-us menu, I can see the website scrolling down to the relevant section, but also shortly after it reloads the whole page, which is not “smooth” and defeats the purpose of having a single page website.

Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed or is that a bug introduced recently?

</div>
    Thanks!

Hi @Manwel,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

Please try enabling One Page Navigation in the theme General Settings as displayed in the attached screenshots.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Manwel
    Participant

Hi

You can see the website here: https://indeve.fr

I tried to deactivate all plugins as you suggested (except Unyson and WpBakery) but this didn’t change anything. The website is already in single page mode too.

Thanks!

Please try disabling Page Loader on your site from the theme settings as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

Manwel
    Participant

Hi

It looks a tiny bit better without the page loader but the issue is still there unfortunately. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Manwel
    Participant

Here you go. Let me know once you are done with it.

Thanks!

Solution for this topic

You have to remove www and add https in the menu URLs as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

Manwel
    Participant

Thanks a lot! I had just added the SSL certificate recently but the issue was really the www in the address link!

However now I have noticed that in the menu, the custom links appear in blue while the “pages appear in grey or white. Where can I configure the colours to have the menu links in the same colour?

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

You can change the color from theme styling settings as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:

Manwel
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your help, you can now close the case.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)