Miscellaneous Questions

Home Forums Gillion Theme Miscellaneous Questions

Home Forums Gillion Theme Miscellaneous Questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • quincylun
    Participant

Hello, I have checked the knowledge base of the WPBakery Page Builder but unfortunately it’s not really helpful, especially I could not access to their support team. I think it would take a lot less time to have my questions answered here:

1. How to adjust the site width/ width of each block?
    2. What areas does WPBakery Page Builder cover? I was trying edit blog posts with it but the function is not found.
    3. Is there another <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>link</span> style to choose from? The current version is not really working as it’s merely bold (attachment “01-link-style”)
    4. Where can I choose the font for different areas, e.g. Header/ Paragraph/ Plugin? I would like to use the fonts from Typekit/ Google Fonts.
    5. Where to choose the header/ footer style and to adjust their colours?
    6. What are the recommended dimensions for logos and photos?
    7. Are their any post demos that I can just drag-and-drop to the site? I am deleting some of  the demo content as I don’t need them now, but they could be useful in the future.
    8. How can I design/ edit the site separately in different devices (Desktop/ Tablet/ Mobile, just the template)? Is there a way to turn some content off in a specific version (Desktop/ Tablet/ Mobile)?
    9. Where do I find the Posts IDs? (attachment “02-post-ids”)
    10. Does the Theme/ WPBakery Page Builder auto-update themselves or do I have to do it manually? <- if so will it change my modified template settings (I am using a child theme already)?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

quincylun
    Participant

Attachment 03, possible link style?

Attachments:

quincylun
    Participant

Sorry one more question – where can I insert a subtitle?

Vidhi
    Participant

Thanks

Hi @quincylun,

Thank you for your questions.

1. How to adjust the site width/ width of each block?

You can do this using block width option as shown in the attached screenshot but it only provides predefined widths so if you want to use any custom width then you have to develop custom CSS code to achieve it.

What areas does WPBakery Page Builder cover? I was trying edit blog posts with it but the function is not found.

By default it only works with pages but you can configure its settings to work with other post types as displayed in the second attached screenshot.

Is there another <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>link</span> style to choose from? The current version is not really working as it’s merely bold (attachment “01-link-style”)

We can style links developing custom CSS code if you share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying.

Where can I choose the font for different areas, e.g. Header/ Paragraph/ Plugin? I would like to use the fonts from Typekit/ Google Fonts.

You can do this as described in the following video.

https://wpbakery.com/video-academy/use-custom-heading-element-google-fonts/

Where to choose the header/ footer style and to adjust their colours?

You have to develop custom CSS code to achieve this.

What are the recommended dimensions for logos and photos?

The logo max height is  250px

Are their any post demos that I can just drag-and-drop to the site? I am deleting some of  the demo content as I don’t need them now, but they could be useful in the future.

Yes you can use page templates as shown in the third attached screenshot.

How can I design/ edit the site separately in different devices (Desktop/ Tablet/ Mobile, just the template)? Is there a way to turn some content off in a specific version (Desktop/ Tablet/ Mobile)?

You have to develop custom CSS code to achieve this.

Where do I find the Posts IDs? (attachment “02-post-ids”)

Please see the information provided in the following pages to find IDs.

https://pagely.com/blog/find-post-id-wordpress/

https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/how-to-find-your-wordpress-page-id-and-post-id-and-what-you-can-do-with-them

Does the Theme/ WPBakery Page Builder auto-update themselves or do I have to do it manually? <- if so will it change my modified template settings (I am using a child theme already)?

You have to update it manually after theme updates it and it won’t change your modified template settings.

Sorry one more question – where can I insert a subtitle?

I am not sure what you meant by subtitle so please describe it a bit more in detail.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

quincylun
    Participant

Hi,

1. Please see attachment 01 for subtitle reference
    2. I have uploaded the logo under 250x height but the resolution seems to be low and it’s not shown on the desktop version of the website: http://starthere.co , any advices?
    3. I am okay with link style like the attachment 02 shown (underline with colour), please advise how to make the changes
    4. Where I can locate blocks like Hot Topics as indicated in attachment 03, 04 and 05?
    5. Where can I add post to categories and to the tabs on menu (and what’s the difference between the two)? attachment 04, 08
    6. How can I put tabs (pages) and social media links in the footer like attachment 06 and where can I adjust the content in the footer?
    7. Where to disable/ enable the social media blocks as shown in attachment 07?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments:

quincylun
    Participant

Attachments 05, 06, 07, 08

Attachments:

It is becoming very confusing here so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new threads.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)