New Version of Slider Revolution Needed after WP Update to 5.5

Home Forums Jevelin Theme New Version of Slider Revolution Needed after WP Update to 5.5

Home Forums Jevelin Theme New Version of Slider Revolution Needed after WP Update to 5.5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • abberow
    Participant

This may be related to: https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/search/?forum_id=5&bbp_search=Slider+Revolution

I received an email notice to update Javelin (from 4.7 to 4.7.1, maybe). Before dong that, I updated to WordPress 5.5.After the WP update, Appearance=>Themes does not show the need to update. I <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>assume</span> that the WP update also updated Javelin. Is this correct? If not, please advice on how to update from the download without using Admin Area=>Appearance=>Themes and the rest of this post may be moot.

I noticed an alert in Slider Revolution not to save projects until a newer version (6.2.18) of Slider Revolution is installed. I have 6.2.15 and believe I got Slider Revolution through my purchase of Javelin. Is this correct?

The link above advises to use Admin Area => Appearance=>Install Plugins to get the current version of Slider Revolution. I do not see Slider Revolution on the list. I presume this is because it is already installed. I do not see a way to update current plug-ins or uninstall them. Any advice on how to proceed without buying Slider Revolution on my own would be appreciated.

Hi @abberow,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I assume that the WP update also updated Javelin. Is this correct?

No, it is not correct.

Please download the below latest version of the theme and install it on your website.

I noticed an alert in Slider Revolution not to save projects until a newer version (6.2.18) of Slider Revolution is installed. I have 6.2.15 and believe I got Slider Revolution through my purchase of Javelin. Is this correct?

Yes, you are correct.

To update the Slider Revolution plugin, please delete the plugin and install it again from the below path.

Admin Area => Appearance=>Install Plugins

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

abberow
    Participant

Thank you for the assistance. While the process was not clean, it succeeded. I am now aware that:

• themes may need to be updated even if that is not indicated in Admin Area=>Appearance=>Themes
    • I need to go into the downloaded theme zip file to find the “theme-only” zip file with the same name as the parent to install
    • Deleting a plug-in is a bulk action only

You need to update the theme that way as this is a premium theme and not a free theme released in WordPress themes repository.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)