not compatible out of the box with Elementor header

Home Forums Gillion Theme not compatible out of the box with Elementor header

Home Forums Gillion Theme not compatible out of the box with Elementor header

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
  • dan
    Participant

Another issue: I only can edit specific sections on the homepage with Elementor now. Anything below the Author’s Pick is not editable. I have no idea how to style all the legacy widgets. What am I doing wrong??

Also, please check the screenshot with a bunch of errors that appear when I enter the widgets in the backend and change from “widget areas” to “block”.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dan
    Participant

And another one: the global color picker doesn’t work. Nothing changes when you choose a predefined color. You have to actually click into the color field next to the globe in order for the changes to be applied.

dan
    Participant

“Okay, so the boxed layout only means that the header and the content will be limited to the specified width.”

This is not really true. As soon as “boxed layout” is enabled, I am getting extra options regarding the border style, which are simply not there when I disable the boxed layout.

Shufflehound

About the widget it seems that your server had issues with too many connections in that page (showed too many connections to database errors). We installed classic widgets plugin and now it seems working fine.

It seems that the option works correctly, however in some places Elementor options could rewrite it and so it doesn’t look like that the global option is working, but that is only a default color for some places.

The boxed layout purpose was to imitate old-school layouts where all the content is in the middle. Yes, there are some new options when using boxed content, but it wasn’t meant to work with full width header.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Shufflehound.

dan
    Participant

The widget area looks great, guys! Well done.

dan
    Participant

could you please indicate me into the right direction to customize and style all the widgets individually? Yellow Pencil is active, but doesn’t seem to be available on the homepage.

There are a lot of sidebars and I would like to switch the headlines to a custom color, etc. Where? How? 🙂

Shufflehound

That is great! 🙂

It seems that the widget styling were built pre Elementor times and can be customized from Gillion Settings (at the topbar) > Content > Titles & Tabs section. If from there you can’t get the result you want, then you can let us know specific things and we will help you to change them.

About the Yellow Pencil it seems that we found the cause.

Can you please try it now and see if that works? (just remember to clear the website cache with ctrl+f5 as we changed some JS files).

dan
    Participant

Yes, Yellow Pencil works now. I wasn’t aware of the fact that it is a frontend editor only.

Thanks for your help, guys, good job. I am sure I will need you again, but for now enjoy the summer 🙂

Have a great day

Shufflehound

That is great.

Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)