not compatible out of the box with Elementor header

Home Forums Gillion Theme not compatible out of the box with Elementor header

Home Forums Gillion Theme not compatible out of the box with Elementor header

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
  • dan
    Participant

derwillnurspielen.com

I have imported the “Personal” design for Elementor and want to use a header built with Elementor Pro. But as soon as I activate it, the entire design of the site is messed up. For instance, there is no boxed layout anymore, the footer is not displayed, etc.

It seems as if this theme it not 100 % compatible with Elementor, at least not out of the box.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by dan.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Can we test it? Do you have a live link available where we can see that?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dan
    Participant

I certainly do, and I even posted it right at the top of my original post 🙂

https://derwillnurspielen.com/

dan
    Participant

Furthermore, when I want to edit the homepage with Elementor, I don’t get access, but the following error:

Attachments:

Shufflehound

Thank you for the link, looks like we missed it.

Do you have the latest theme version installed? If yes, then would it be possible to login to your website and debug this issue? (private data can be shared via private information field)

dan
    Participant

As fresh as it gets. Downloaded and installed today. Find the login credentials in the private info field.

dan
    Participant

Any news yet?

Shufflehound

Yes, we can confirm your issue, as it seems that Elementor fully rewrites our theme layout (when activating its header).

We will inspect the issue and try to find a fix for it.

dan
    Participant

And how long is this going to take? The idea behind buying the theme was to use it and not to add one more to my collection.

At the moment, I am more leaning towards a refund, but let’s wait until Monday and see what it’s gonna be.

Shufflehound

It seems that the issue might be fixed. 🙂

Is it possible to login in to your website again and to test it? (your last login details doesn’t work anymore)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Shufflehound.

dan
    Participant

Absolutely. Attached.

Shufflehound

We updated the theme and it looks like the issue is fixed.

Can you please take a look?

dan
    Participant

No, it’s not. I want the header to fill the entire screen, while the content is supposed to be boxed, maintaining every single feature of the theme as advertised.

What I am seeing now is basically one of the out-of-the-box solutions of the theme.

dan
    Participant

Also,  don’t know where the massive padding to the top is coming from. If you check my screenshot, there is no padding or margin applied to the top.

Nope, it seems as if Elementor is not yet fully in control of the header section.

Attachments:

Shufflehound

You need to disable the boxed theme layout to achieve that.

We disabled it and now it should work like you wanted.

dan
    Participant

In this case, I am losing an important feature of the theme: the boxed layout. Not ideal, to be honest.

dan
    Participant

The header container needs to be completely separated from the content container, then I can do with the content styling whatever I want.

But it looks like the header section is kind of connected to the content area.

It is VERY important to me to get a fully working version and not just a workaround! So, no CSS in the custom field, but implemented into the core files of the theme.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by dan.

dan
    Participant

Furthermore, changes I am doing in the settings, are not shown on the page.  I can change the content width from 1000 to 1600px and don’t see a difference in the frontend. Besides that, disabling the boxed mode does not give me back the full width header.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Shufflehound

Okay, so the boxed layout only means that the header and the content will be limited to the specified width. When the boxed layout is disabled then it allows header to go to the full width.

Content width option most likely didn’t want to change due to your caching plugin. In some cases it is needed to clear cache after changing theme settings. We tested it after clearing cache and it was working just fine.

Shufflehound

Can you please confirm that?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)