Overlay Help

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Overlay Help

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Overlay Help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • emailjohna
    Participant

Hello

I was hoping to achieve a certain overlay I need for my site. I have tried but have failed to create it using yellow pencil. Ive seen you’ve offered solutions to others with similar problems and am hoping you have a fix for me.

I am attaching a screenshot that shows the look I am hoping to create. (Note that although this “looks” ok it did not function correctly)

I am using the “Trendy” style since I need white lettering over the portfolio image for quick identification. I however can’t have the description as part of the display so I deleted that using yellow pencil. (I am wanting to create a clean, evenly spaced symmetrical gallery)

For the overlay I only need the title and category but want the entire image to be clickable to the portfolio page. I haven’t been able to figure this out and right now my image doesn’t link over to the project page at all.

I tried the “portfolio 2” option which is close but that has no title on the resting image and includes an expansion/lightbox icon on the overlay

Do you have a suggestion for me? I want to make sure the fix I am using is done correctly so that it survives future updates to the theme and website. It seems there must be a cleaner way of doing this than hiding and skewing elements in yellow pencil

Many thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @emailjohna,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

emailjohna
    Participant

Of course! Thank you. The site address is below in the private field  🙂

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-portfolio-overlay4-categories a {
        position: absolute;
        width: 100%;
        height: 100%;
        bottom: 0;
        left: 0;
        padding-top: 100px;
    }

emailjohna
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me!

I tried the code provided and it did make the entire overlay clickable but it linked over to the category rather than to the individual project’s page.

Can we make it link to the individual portfolio project instead?

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

emailjohna
    Participant

I merely wanted the code to link the to the project (“title”) The code you provided linked to the category instead. I tried customizing it by replacing “category” with “title” but it didn’t work

Can you at least give me a clue? Can it be done with simple code placed in the theme setting?

You can change it in the below theme file by overwriting it in the Jevelin child theme.

/jevelin/framework-customizations/extensions/shortcodes/shortcodes/portfolio/views/view.php

emailjohna
    Participant

Can you tell me how to hide the project description in the overlay? Using Overlay 3?

Also, is there also a way to have the title always visible, not just on hover? Again, using overlay 3?

(I’m trying to find a creative fix here. I need a title on my portfolio images and the whole image to be clickable linking to the project page)

Thanks

emailjohna
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Nevermind! Please disregard the question above. I think I found a fix

if you want to see it, it’s here:

http://www.johnadesigns.com/commercial-architecture-portfolio/

If I can make a suggestion, an overlay similar to this would be helpful if included in updates. With large, specific types of portfolios there is a need to title the images without using the hover and the title over the image allows for a clean grid effect the other options don’t allow

If you happen to see a problem with the fix I created, please holler

Thanks for the help

Awesome great to see you got that achieved and thanks for sharing it in the forum.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)