Parent to child theme transfer

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Parent to child theme transfer

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Parent to child theme transfer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Thabit2017
    Participant

Hi

I’ve created my site in Parent theme but realised I should be using Child theme.

Could you advise:

• where I can upload the child theme as my recent package only seemed to include parent
    • how i can switch from parent to child theme without losing any information on my site

I’m quite fearful of losing any of my existing site so any support here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amy

Hi Amy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Have you made any changes in the parent theme files?

If not then just install and activate the Jevelin child theme on your site which you will get in the package downloaded from themeforest.

You won’t lose your site content but depending on the situation you may need to reconfigure widgets and menu.

Before doing this you can also take backup of your site so that If anything goes wrong then you can recover it.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Thabit2017
    Participant

Thank you for your help.

Based on me having completed websites already in Parent theme do you think it is worth me transferring to Child Theme and reconfiguring anything that needs it? Or do you think I should be fine backing up my site regularly and keeping everything as is in Parent theme?

Would you also mind sending me a link to download child theme as I can’t seem to find it in either of the Jevelin downloads I have.

Thanks

Amy

Based on me having completed websites already in Parent theme do you think it is worth me transferring to Child Theme and reconfiguring anything that needs it?

Yes it is worth.

Or do you think I should be fine backing up my site regularly and keeping everything as is in Parent theme?

You can also do this but please note that if you make changes in the parent theme files then you can’t update it.

Would you also mind sending me a link to download child theme as I can’t seem to find it in either of the Jevelin downloads I have.

Here it is https://support.shufflehound.com/download-beta/?theme=jevelin-child

Thabit2017
    Participant

Hi

The link doesn’t seem to work. Could you send me a download link?

And I’m not sure what you mean by this:

Or do you think I should be fine backing up my site regularly and keeping everything as is in Parent theme?

You can also do this but please note that if you make changes in the parent theme files then you can’t update it.

The link doesn’t seem to work. Could you send me a download link?

I have attached child theme to this reply.

And I’m not sure what you mean by this:

I meant it is fine to do this and make changes in the site but do not change code in the theme files.

You can get more information about child theme and why you need it in the following page.

http://freewptp.com/why-and-how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)