Performance Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Performance Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Performance Issues

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • iarla
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve created my WP website using the Jevelin theme, but the performance is terrible, especially on mobile.

Google’s PageSpeed Insights is rating it 40/100 (in the worst category) and is recommending a few things to improve performance.

A lot of these are theme related (eg: “switch to a more efficient theme”) and it is also recommending I remove unused javascript and CSS (a lot of which is from Jevelin).

Is there anything that Jevelin can do regarding increasing the performance of my website?

I’m just looking for guidance as to what Jevelin-theme-specific things I can do in order to make my website usable.

Thanks,
    Iarla

Shufflehound

Hi there,

First, we recommend installing a plugin like Autoptimize to minify and compile all CSS/JS files.

Then you should install a page caching plugin like WP Super Cache to improve loading overall loadings speeds.

Let us know if those changes help!

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

iarla
    Participant

Thanks for the help, I’ve fixed the problems by removing some unused JS.

iarla
    Participant

Hi,

Two other questions regarding increasing the performance:

1. In order to minimise Layout Shifts, I need to add a height and width attribute to the image in the header/nav bar, but I can’t find any options to do this in the WPBakery Page Builder.
    2. How do I add tags directly to images? I want to add ‘loading=”lazy”‘ but can’t figure out any way to add custom HTML directly to some image tags.

Thanks,

Iarla

iarla
    Participant

Also, the site logo in my WPBakery Header does not have the alt-text in the image tag, even though I’ve added alt text to the media in WordPress. This issue is not present for any other images on the site, only in the header.

Thanks,

Iarla

iarla
    Participant

Please note my domain has been updated, see the private information field for the new domain.

Shufflehound

That is great!

About your questions:

• For the Layout Shifts, we can create a custom CSS which will set your header image width and height.
    • For the lazy tags, we usually use performance plugins that add this functionality (like this one).
    • Do you have the latest theme version installed? If yes we will need to create an update to fix that (alt tags for the header image)

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

iarla
    Participant

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply, thank you for your advice.

I do have the latest theme installed, but the alt text for the image is not displaying in the header logo.

Also, how can I add alt-text for an icon that’s also a link (such as the social media buttons in the footer)? PageSpeed Insights is complaining that “Link text (and alternative text for images, when used as links)” is missing for the icons.

I can’t find any option for it in the page builder.

Updated log-in information is in the private field below if you need it.

Thanks,

Iarla

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We just created a beta version, which should fix the header missing alt issue:

Please login to access this file

Let us know if that works! 🙂

Regarding the social media icons we don’t use images there (only icon font), so it seems that the alt tag isn’t really needed.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Shufflehound.

iarla
    Participant

Thanks very much, that’s working perfectly now!

iarla
    Participant

One last issue, when I’m using the built-in animation feature of WPBakery Page Builder:

If I use a fade-in animation, the content briefly appears before turning invisible and then fading in.

This can be seen with the buttons at the end of emeraldsustain.com/about

The text of that page is using custom animations, but the buttons use the default WPBakery.

Any idea what could be causing this? I’ve noticed it in a couple of other places on my site too.

Thanks,

Iarla

Shufflehound

That is great! 🙂

We added custom CSS code (in the theme settings), can you please test it now?

iarla
    Participant

Works perfectly, thanks very much!

Shufflehound

You are welcome! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)