Placement of hamburger menu in header

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Placement of hamburger menu in header

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Placement of hamburger menu in header

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • hertzden
    Participant

Hi,

I want to place hamburger menu on left side, but not able to find suitable options. Do i have to modify any file?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Do you want to change it in mobile/tablet view?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

hertzden
    Participant

Definitely on mobile/tablet and it will be good if it will be possible on desktop as well.

Shufflehound

We can try think of a solution for this, but first we need to know a few more details.

If a hamburger menu goes to the left side, then shop icon goes with it? And what happens with a logo position?

hertzden
    Participant

Ok, i am using header 7 option in layout, where hamburger menu appears on right and search on left in header. I just want to shuffle the position of it. I have checked out header-7.php where if we shuffle divs then it can be achieved, but i don’t its a right approach. Doing this will be modifying parent theme which is not recommended at all.

Shufflehound

If you are using child theme, then copying and modifying header-7.php could be a solution. Because we don’t have any plans to modify this file anytime soon.

hertzden
    Participant

Ok, can you guide where to place this file in child theme. I haven’t found such thing in documentation or may be i am missing it.

Shufflehound

Yes, it is simple.

1. Create inc/headers folder structure in the child theme
    2. Copy header-7.php from parent theme inc/headers folder
    3. Paste it in your child theme inc/headers folder
    4. It will rewrite parent theme file and you will able to make your modifications

hertzden
    Participant

Thanks it works.

Shufflehound

You’re Welcome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)