Priority - Javascript error causing site to fail

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Priority – Javascript error causing site to fail

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Priority – Javascript error causing site to fail

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • jkloptosky
    Participant

I’m seeing a JS error in the developer console when the site loads (see attached). It appears to be associated with the menu in some way, as none of the menus drop down or open (on desktop or mobile). Also, other elements of the page fail to load as a result of the JS error (e.g. video animation on home page).

I’ve tried upgrading to latest theme version (4.7) and deactivating other plugins to isolate a cause. At present, I’m not sure what’s going on or how to resolve it.

Need this resolved ASAP. See private area for URL and creds to WP if needed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jkloptosky
    Participant

Seems to be an issue in /wp-content/themes/jevelin/js/scripts.js. There are 2 instances of “a[href*=#]” that seemed to be causing the problem. I put quotes around the # and that seems to have resolved the issue.

I can’t say for sure whether that caused other collateral damage elsewhere. Also, I’m concerned my changes will be overwritten next time I update my theme. Please advise.

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Please clear your browser cache after updating the theme so that the latest js and CSS files will be loaded.

jkloptosky
    Participant

The fix provided appears to resolve the main original issue. But I did observe a follow-up issue in the provided Beta. When I click on a menu item, I’m seeing the attached JS error in the console. It doesn’t appear to be causing a material issue, though.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Could you please clear and temporarily deactivate the W3 Total Cache that you are using on your website so that I can troubleshoot the issue?

jkloptosky
    Participant

OK, I’ve gone ahead and done that.

This seems the issue of plugin conflict on your site so please try temporarily deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

jkloptosky
    Participant

I just deactivated all plugins except those two and I’m still seeing the issue. Please confirm.

jkloptosky
    Participant

I had to restore some of these in the interim. Please let me know a window you’d like to review, if necessary, and I can try to accommodate again.

I could confirm the issue on your website but not sure why this is happening.

I have notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)