Problem updating home page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Problem updating home page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Problem updating home page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • deborahdl
    Participant

Hi there,

I have just purchased and set-up this theme. Mostly seems to be going OK, but everytime I try and update the landing page (make changes and press submit) I get directed to the 404 error page.

Can you please advise how to fix, otherwise investigate this issue.

Hi @deborahdl,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Jevelin theme.

Please try resaving your permalink settings or resetting your site htaccess file as described on the following pages.

http://www.bordercrossingmedia.com/2009/01/how-to-restore-your-wordpress-htaccess-file/

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-reset-the-htaccess-file-of-your-wordpress-site-using-ftp-8527

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

deborahdl
    Participant

Hi there,

I have tried both of the things you suggested above and the issue is still not fixed.

Here are the steps:

1. I go to the home page to make an edit
    2. I change the relevant part (in this case the header image and sub-text)
    3. I click save – this is where the error occurs (see attachment)

Same issue with blog posts.

I have re-actived the plugins.

Can you please look again and fix.

Thanks,

Deb

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

deborahdl
    Participant

Hi there,

Can you please let me know if you have an update on this issue?

Thanks,
    Deb

I didn’t get your site login details to troubleshoot the issue as requested so could you please share it?

deborahdl
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve sent the details through twice now in the private details box….

Anyway, here they are again (in private details below). If you still don’t receive these please send me a direct email. We are supposed to be launching this website on Tuesday, so it’s really quite urgent now that I get this fixed.

Thank you,
    Deb

I logged in to your site and tested it as shown in the attached screenshots but it is working fine for me.

Please advise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

deborahdl
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve logged in again and it seems to be working now.

Very strange, but all good as it looks like the issue is sorted. I will let you know if I encounter it again.

Thanks for your help!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)