Receiving "Fatal error" when trying to update theme

Home Forums Gillion Theme Receiving "Fatal error" when trying to update theme

Home Forums Gillion Theme Receiving "Fatal error" when trying to update theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • starboardcreative
    Participant

I just uploaded the latest Gillion theme (2.1.1) to our staging area of our site to test and make sure all went ok with the update and it did not. I am getting this fatal error after updating to 2.1.1:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare class Widget_Posts_Slider in <b>/nas/content/staging/equallywed/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/posts-slider/class-widget-posts-slider.php</b> on line <b>109</b>

How can I fix this? I have never seen this before. Help!

starboardcreative
    Participant

So, we were able to resolve this issue (by deleting the “posts-slider” folder from the theme “widgets” folder) but we are still having an issue with some images NOT loading on our homepage. Could you help us with this? Our staging environment URL is in the private info area below. As you will see, the “Ink With Intent” featured post image does not show. This has been happening for a week or so now but only for some images. They are all saved and uploaded the same way. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @starboardcreative,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I just uploaded the latest Gillion theme (2.1.1) to our staging area of our site to test and make sure all went ok with the update and it did not. I am getting this fatal error after updating to 2.1.1:

The theme declares the class Widget_Posts_Slider only one time so it seems you are using plugin which is declaring this class Widget_Posts_Slider causing the error so please try deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin.

As you will see, the “Ink With Intent” featured post image does not show.

I can see it is displaying the image as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)