[Request] Unyson "Blog posts" shortcode change

Home Forums Jevelin Theme [Request] Unyson "Blog posts" shortcode change

Home Forums Jevelin Theme [Request] Unyson "Blog posts" shortcode change

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • marttali
    Participant

Hi,

just purchased the theme and i noticed that this shortcode doesn’t display pages, only blog posts.  Unfortunately i have about 150 pages that i need to display somehow, create index pages sort off. That’s my current setup.

I installed plugin called Category Tag Pages which adds category and tag capabilities to pages as well. Then i assigned categories to few demo pages. Created a new page, used the shortcode to display “blog posts” with those categories and unfortunately they don’t show 🙁

Is there a quick fix available ? I really need such functionality, i’m sure others would find it useful as well..

Thank you !

Hi @marttali,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your feature request.

We do not maintain Unyson plugin but just this theme so we can’t implement this feature but will request Unyson plugin developer to implement it.

In the meanwhile you can achieve it developing custom code.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

marttali
    Participant

Ok,

That is underestandable.

So i looked into the code and the change is easy enough (modifing the view.php is enough), i managed to do that.

But changing it in Jevelin parent theme i guess is not the way to go. I rather should create a copy of the catalog  / framework-customizations / extensions / shortcodes / shortcodes / blog-posts under jevelin-child and make my modification there?

Or rename the catalog also under child theme? Would that make automatically new shortcode ?

But changing it in Jevelin parent theme i guess is not the way to go. I rather should create a copy of the catalog  / framework-customizations / extensions / shortcodes / shortcodes / blog-posts under jevelin-child and make my modification there?

Yes you are right please do it this way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)