Running errors with Demo Contact Form when Integrating ReCaptcha

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Running errors with Demo Contact Form when Integrating ReCaptcha

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Running errors with Demo Contact Form when Integrating ReCaptcha

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • tjgott
    Participant

Hi team,

Contact form 7 worked totally fine on it’s own when I configured it from your Demo page (landing page demo) but once I tried to integrate it with Recaptcha it keeps returning an error. There’s two versions v2 and v3 of Recaptcha and I’ve tried integrating trying them both but seems to run an error on each. I know Contact Form 7 5.1 and later uses this reCAPTCHA v3 API can you confirm which one I use? And do you know a good way of troubleshooting it?

Hi @tjgott,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can contact the Contact form 7 plugin support to resolve this plugin-specific issue.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

tjgott
    Participant

They were not able to resolve the issue and indicated it may be an issue with the theme… can you confirm what contact form the theme is supposed to run under, and or what may be another cause of the Recaptcha interfering with the form submission? Thank you!

To confirm it just temporarily use the Twenty Twenty One theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s the theme issue.

tjgott
    Participant

I won’t be at the risk of losing anything right?

No, you won’t lose anything after reverting to the Jevelin theme.

tjgott
    Participant

Any chance you can do it for me? Not sure how to even go about doing that

Could you please share the page URL from your site where the contact form and recaptcha are displaying?

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

tjgott
    Participant

can you please confirm you received my admin credentials? Thanks!

No, I didn’t receive it.

Could you please share it again and also send it to [email protected]

Also,  please share the page URL from your site where the contact form and recaptcha are displaying.

tjgott
    Participant

You received it now right? I sent it the other day, thanks!

I received it but I don’t see Recaptcha on your shared website contact us page.

Could you please display it so that I can troubleshoot the issue?

tjgott
    Participant

okay yeah just enabled it but only problem is nobody can sign up in the meantime. let me know what you see, thanks!

I don’t see Recaptcha anywhere on your website so could you please share the exact page URL where it is displaying?

tjgott
    Participant

It seems to be appearing to the bottom right hand corner

I only see the Recaptcha information in the bottom right corner as shown in the attached screenshot but doesn’t see any recaptcha on the page.

Could you please share the screenshot of the screen where the Recaptcha is displaying?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tjgott
    Participant

pretty sure that’s the reCaptcha that came with the Contact form built with the theme so I guess I’m a bit confused on where else it should be because that’s how it appears once I enabled it with my Recaptcha keys. I disabled it for now because I don’t won’t my contact form not allowing for anyone to sign up in the meantime but can you please advise? Thank you

-TJ

The Recaptcha displays in the contact form as shown in the attached screenshot and you can use it on your website as described below.

https://www.ostraining.com/blog/wordpress/contact-form-7/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tjgott
    Participant

So is it using the V2 reCaptcha?

I am not sure please ask it in the plugin support.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)