SEO issue regarding empty

Home Forums Jevelin Theme SEO issue regarding empty

Home Forums Jevelin Theme SEO issue regarding empty

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • CBDFactum
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have another SEO issue which I hope I can solve with your support as you were very cooperative in the past.

Check the source code of this page: https://cbdfactum.com/service-links/

There are lot of your icon links. What am I asking you now for:

According to a very strict SEO rule a link shouldn’t be empty which is in this case:

<span class="sh-list-icon">
    <i class="ti-download"></i>
    </span>
    <span class="sh-list-content">
    Download All Analysis </span>

The icon which is abusing the <i> tag isn’t considered in this case as an image. So, my suggestion which seems to be the simplest solution would to add in the window where I set the properties of this icon a new field called “title” where a title can be added – see the attachment “Study…”

This would kill two birds with one stone as the strict SEO rule regarding none empty link would be fulfilled and a tooltip for the link would appear – see the attachment “Link with Tooltip…”

<span class="sh-list-icon">
    <i class="ti-download"></i>
    </span>
    <span class="sh-list-content">
    Download All Analysis </span>

Attached I made a short study in order to see what I mean and how it could be implemented. I hope, you agree and can provide something similar in on of the next updates in order to add a title to each icon link.

Thank you very much!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @CBDFactum,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I don’t see any anchor tag in your shared HTML code so I am not sure what you are referring to as a link so could you please describe it a bit more?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

CBDFactum
    Participant

Yes, I see, the editor has swallowed it. Attached the screenshot.

I have added the title attribute.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by CBDFactum.
    Attachments:

There are lot of your icon links. What am I asking you now for:

According to a very strict SEO rule a link shouldn’t be empty which is in this case:

I can see the text content in the link called “Download All Analysis” so it is not empty.

Please advise.

CBDFactum
    Participant

Yes, sometimes it’s really not very easy with me, sorry for that!

I changed the structure so there is now indeed a text. When I don’t enter any text for the icon then we have the situation I mean and then it would be nice to have the possibility to add a title.
    Here a real example:
    Open https://cbdfactum.com/cbd-factum-blog/ and move the mouse over one image and right click on the link icon and select “Inspect element”.

This is an empty A tag – see the attachment “Link Icon With Title” where I already added the title.

Attached also a screenshot from a study which tool tip can be displayed when a title is set.

I hope, now it is a bit clearer what I mean.

Thx

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by CBDFactum.
    Attachments:

I understood it now and notified the theme developer about it so that it will be fixed in the future version of the theme.

CBDFactum
    Participant

And again, always a pleasure to work with you! Looking forward…

Same here..

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)