sharing posts on Facebook

Home Forums Gillion Theme sharing posts on Facebook

Home Forums Gillion Theme sharing posts on Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • barbara
    Participant

When I shared on Facebook with my old (free) theme; I got the image and copy. When I share on Facebook with my new Gillion theme, I got two different results. 1. Image with no copy 2. no image, no copy – just my website

I liked the way my posts shared with my old theme – image, copy and website

Let me know that I can still get this result with my Facebook shares on the Gillion theme.

I am attaching images.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @barbara,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not working correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

barbara
    Participant

Link below.

http://navigating50plus.com/

Facebook users are a large part of my target market so I do a lot of Facebook ads and boosting. Facebook sharing is super important for me.

I just tested sharing post from your site on Facebook and it is displaying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Is it started working fine for you also?

Attachments:

barbara
    Participant

How many did you try? I tried at least 10 and a few are working but many are not. Try “stop blaming everyone else”, “why my business made me miserable” and “remember when life was a workout”. They are not working for me.

Is there a specific picture format needed? All of these images were in my old theme and I used “Force generate thumbnails” to convert them.

Solution for this topic

No specific picture format needed.

The two of the shared posts work fine for me except “remember when life was a workout” so I cleared the cache of it from https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/ which made it work fine as shown in the attached screenshots.

It seems this is facebook cache problem so you have to clear the cache using above share debug tool.

Attachments:

barbara
    Participant

Super!! It worked on all but 2 or 3 posts but I want to change the images on those anyway so it may work itself out. Thanks!!

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)