Site name incorrect

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Site name incorrect

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Site name incorrect

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have three questions:

Question 1: Google or Yoast seems to think that my site name is “Love.” I never added a site name or tagline, and I’ve checked in the customizer and other places in the theme to make sure my site name is not somehow set to “Love.” Google and Yoast find the name “Love” as a site name somewhere.

As you can see from screenshot 1, under Appearance >> Site identity, there’s no site name set. It must be pulling the name “Love” from somewhere in the theme. See screenshot 2 for how my title tags look on Google’s search results page. “- Love” is set at the end of each entry on Google.

Can you tell me where on the theme can I check for site name? It’s pulling it from the theme settings and not from WordPress’s customizer.

Question 2: How do I add a caption to a featured image? Captions show on images inside posts, but the main featured image’s caption does not reflect even when it’s added in Media Library. I obviously don’t want the captions for all featured images to reflect on the home page, but when you click on a blog post and it opens, I want the featured image to show the caption. See screenshot 3.

Question 3: I added some text to the main image at the top of my home page (piggy image) and now my white logo (light) has turned to my black logo (dark) and the image is no longer underneath the logo and menu bar. The image has moved down. Yesterday morning my logo and menu bar was on top of the image. See screenshot 4. I need my white logo back and for the image to move up and for the piggy image to be on top of the logo and menu bar.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @14728833,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Question 1: Google or Yoast seems to think that my site name is “Love.” I never added a site name or tagline, and I’ve checked in the customizer and other places in the theme to make sure my site name is not somehow set to “Love.” Google and Yoast find the name “Love” as a site name somewhere.

As you can see from screenshot 1, under Appearance >> Site identity, there’s no site name set. It must be pulling the name “Love” from somewhere in the theme. See screenshot 2 for how my title tags look on Google’s search results page. “- Love” is set at the end of each entry on Google.

Can you tell me where on the theme can I check for site name? It’s pulling it from the theme settings and not from WordPress’s customizer.

The theme does not contain and display the ‘Love’ word.

I visited your website and saw there is a Love category on your website as shown in the attached screenshot and the search engine may be taking it from there.

You can ask Yoast SEO support to know why the search engine is doing it.

Question 2: How do I add a caption to a featured image? Captions show on images inside posts, but the main featured image’s caption does not reflect even when it’s added in Media Library. I obviously don’t want the captions for all featured images to reflect on the home page, but when you click on a blog post and it opens, I want the featured image to show the caption. See screenshot 3.

The theme doesn’t display captions for the featured images.

Question 3: I added some text to the main image at the top of my home page (piggy image) and now my white logo (light) has turned to my black logo (dark) and the image is no longer underneath the logo and menu bar. The image has moved down. Yesterday morning my logo and menu bar was on top of the image. See screenshot 4. I need my white logo back and for the image to move up and for the piggy image to be on top of the logo and menu bar.

You can achieve this by editing that page and setting its header to light as described in the below topics.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/transparent-header/#post-2187

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

Participant

For your solution for question 3, it’s not working.

On my Page settings, it doesn’t say Style (as per your screenshot); it says, Header Above. When I set Header Above to Light (Header + Titlebar) and hit save, it doesn’t save the setting. I scroll down and the setting is again is set to disabled. It’s not working. See my screenshot to understand what I mean. It would be better if you logged into my site to fix this. I can’t send so many messages for simple things.

Attachments:

Are you using the Unyson plugin?

If you have upgraded to the Redux framework then you have to deactivate the Unyson plugin on your website.

If you are still facing the issue saving the changes then would you mind if I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

Participant

Hi there, Redux is installed, but I don’t recall deleting Unyson, and yet Unyson isn’t under plugins. Maybe this is done automatically with auto-updates? I would like you to log in at 4 pm Cape Town, South African time. Then I won’t be working on the site. I’ll be at the shop. So just type on Google: time in cape town south africa now. And when the time shows 4 pm / 16h00, you can log in. This is in less than 2 hours from now. I have added a screenshot to show you what I need fixed. I hope it helps. Login details are below. Thank you.

Attachments:

I logged into your website and updated the theme to the latest version that made it work.

Could you please confirm it?

Please note that the background image added to the row and the content added in the page content area is removed and instead added in the page header settings.

Participant

Thank you. It’s still not right, though. First, the logo was my black (dark) logo after you managed to get the menu on top of the image and not the white logo (light). It took me 40 minutes to fix this. Please see the screenshot with my feedback and the required fixes for the header image. I have added the login details again for you to log in.

Attachments:

I resolved the issues on your website.

You can change the home page title from the theme titlebar settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:

Participant

Thank you, but problem 3 still hasn’t been fixed: as per my previous screenshot, when you browse to the website, on desktop or mobile, as the site loads, you see an ugly dark grey background before the main image loads. It looks terrible. It didn’t do this before your support staff updated my theme a few days ago. Please log in and finally fix this. One problem and days to fix all the little parts.

The header background image is large therefore it takes time to load and we see the background in the meanwhile.

Earlier it was not set as background but now it is set to display it behind the header.

You can enable the page loader option in the theme setting as shown in the attached screenshot so that the loader will display until the image gets loaded fully.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)