Social Share does not work properly

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Social Share does not work properly

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Social Share does not work properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • zsolt67
    Participant

Where can I find setting for the social share button which appear below the blogspot etc.

I am using custom post type but looks like that is the same button.

• Facebook share ok with the photo, but the others not
    • Pinterest error message saying “Something went wrong. You need to upload an image or provide the ‘image_url’ parameter”
    • Twitter gets the meta and the link but no photo.
    • Email doesn’t do anything.

I also found the Jevelin social setting where I can add links but can’t understand how it works and can’t find info in the documentation too.

Similar thing happening when I try to pin the photo with the pinterest chrome extension the photo ok but the title goes in to the description and the description stays empty on the pin.

I Am using Yoast SEO and all meta field filled out

update: I have tried Shard Count plug in and their buttons does the same as Jevelin built in share button

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by zsolt67.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We just tested the social link buttons and everything was working fine (including Facebook, Twitter, email, and Pinterest). We have already made multiple improvements for those social share interactions and it seems that we didn’t manage to improve them.

It is possible that in some cases email action can do nothing if the browser and OS don’t have anything where to write it. We tested it on Windows 11 and it was working just fine.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

zsolt67
    Participant

Do you mean on my site?

Shufflehound

Yes, we tested it on your website.

zsolt67
    Participant

Sorry but what do you mean “working fine” and you said after that “seems that we didn’t manage to improve them.” ?
    We have tested in two country with 3 different browser but none of them worked perfectly.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Shufflehound.

Shufflehound

We attached screenshots below, so you can see what we tested and if we tested the correct things.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Shufflehound.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

zsolt67
    Participant

Thank you for testing and share the screenshots.

The last one is the pinterest and you see the photo is missing. If you try to add it to the board (next step) saying pinterest error or  missing image url

Shufflehound

It seems that this is how it has always worked.

Maybe you have some websites as examples where we can take a look at how their share is working?

zsolt67
    Participant

I just got a reply from Pinterest support. Do you follow these recommendation in the theme? If not how can I completely switch off the theme sharing buttons and how can I add the recommended code. I also asked some printerest sharing example on couple of FB group to see how should and really works.

It looks like you may be using an unofficial version of the Pinterest save widget.
    The official Save button widget can be implemented on your website by following the steps mentioned in this Developer document.

There are five different add-ons: the Save and follow buttons, and the Pinboard and profile widgets. The Save button is the easiest way for visitors to save content they like from your site to Pinterest, while the follow button lets Pinners quickly follow your business’s Pinterest profile. Embed a Pin, board or profile widget to give visitors to your site a quick taste of your Pinterest account. The easiest way to get started with add-ons is to use our button and Widget builder.

To use add-ons on your page all you have to do is add some JavaScript. You only need to include this script once per page, no matter how many buttons or widgets you use. Adding the script more than once may cause problems on your page.

To immediately load our JavaScript, include this just above your closing </body> tag:

<script type="text/javascript" async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/<wbr />js/pinit.js"
    ></script>

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We are using a Javascript library for the share functionality and it seems that the library is now a little bit outdated.

We can give you a code on how to disable the Pinterest share functionality, but adding it in that exact places won’t be that easy, due to the fact that the plugin is creating it.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)