Something changed on my site, now its all messed up.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Something changed on my site, now its all messed up.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Something changed on my site, now its all messed up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • mtnjason19
    Participant

Hi.

My site change probably a little over a month ago for no reason.  I made no updates to the site and now its a mix of some of my content and Latin.   I have tried updating all of the plugins, nothing is working.  Not sure why this change happened.

Thanks

Hi @mtnjason19,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not sure why this has happened on your site as it has nothing to do with the theme.

Please contact your web host to know why this has happened and check error log of your site.

Also, Please update the theme on your site to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

mtnjason19
    Participant

Here is the error they provided.

[15-Jun-2019 19:07:17 UTC] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home1/jamaicf5/public_html/<wbr />resortbusinessadvisors/wp-<wbr />content/themes/jevelin/inc/<wbr />widgets/recent-posts/views/<wbr />widget.php on line 24

mtnjason19
    Participant

4.3.1 is now installed, still looking crazy.

That is not an error but just the warning.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

mtnjason19
    Participant

Have at it!  The site is useless for me in its current condition.  Thanks.  Login info is below.

I logged into your site and saw this is happening because you have created the pages using one page builder and now you are using another page builder.

Do you remember which page builder you have used to create the pages?

Do you have backup of your site?

You can only edit the page using the same page builder that you used to create it so if you have used WPBakery or Unyson or any other page builder then please use the same page builder to edit the page.

Please do not switch between page builders orelse you will lose the content so choose the page builder that you want to use initially when you create the page content.

mtnjason19
    Participant

I am pretty sure its Unyson.  I just logged into another website I have with the same theme, the site looks fine on the backend, but if I go to update a page in the editor, it looks as messed up as my Resort Site is now.   I think its an issue with Unyson?

It is not an issue with UNyson or any other plugin but the issue of switching between page builders on your site as described above.

I am not sure who switched between editors on your site which corrupted your site home page.

You can resolve the issue by restoring your site backup if you have or you have to recreate your site home page.

mtnjason19
    Participant

I have no backup because Bluehost doesn’t have it anymore.  Which is the builder I need to use?  So now I need to rebuild my homepage?  This is so crazy, I am so disappointed.  The site changed on its own, I never touched it to have it change.

Which is the builder I need to use?

You can use either WPBakery page builder or Unyson page builder depending on your requirements.

So now I need to rebuild my homepage?

Yes as you don’t have a backup of your site.

This is so crazy, I am so disappointed.  The site changed on its own, I never touched it to have it change.

The site doesn’t change its own. This can be because of some virus or hacking that you can diagnose by contacting your web host.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)