Theme Permalinks broken

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Theme Permalinks broken

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Theme Permalinks broken

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • chr1s9r
    Participant

Hi,

I have the theme running with the demo content “Landing”. When I add a new page which links like /imprint or /terms and click the link I get a 404 page.

When I change the Permalinks to “parameters” then it works. Can you please fix this – it is super frustrating and many users have this issue. I already deleted everything in my htaccess and readded the defaults to it – it did not help.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have the theme running with the demo content “Landing”. When I add a new page which links like /imprint or /terms and click the link I get a 404 page.

I don’t get this issue on my test site so could you please share me the page URLs from your site where it is happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

When I change the Permalinks to “parameters” then it works.

Could you please share the screenshot of it as i don’t get parameters option in the permalink settings? Do you mean Plain option of Permalink Settings?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

chr1s9r
    Participant
    1. Setup the page, install the demo content. Create a new page. Link the page in the menu. (url.com/xyz) -> 404 page.
    2. See screenshot attached. It only works with permalinks set to plain.

Url is hernibenett.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I did the same but couldn’t reproduce the issue on my test site so could you please share me the specific  page URLs from your site where it is happening and not just your site URL so that i can troubleshoot it?

chr1s9r
    Participant

Here is one: https://www.henribenett.com/imprint/

I could confirm the issue on your site.

Could you please temporary activate any default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen to see whether it is theme or site specific issue?

drewlkelly
    Participant

Following along because I am having the same issue.

@drewlkelly Could you please temporary activate any default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen to see whether it is theme or site specific issue?

chr1s9r
    Participant

Hi,

I just did it and it is the same issue. Can it be due to the demo content?

Although everything is setup to work with /imprint/ I also get a 404 page when using a default theme.

Best

Chris

drewlkelly
    Participant

I activated the 2017 theme and now I can view my portfolio pages, so it must be something with the Jevelin theme. I will make a new thread so I don’t take over yours @chr1s9r

chr1s9r
    Participant

@drewlkelly: did you install the demo content and if, which one?

drewlkelly
    Participant

I did, it was the demo content for Portfolio.

drewlkelly
    Participant

an update: after re-activating the Jevelin theme after trying the 2017 theme, the 404 error seems to have gone away. Weird.

chr1s9r
    Participant

I also tried the 2017 but still have the same issue. It must be something with the demo content, which I can test later today.

@Support; is there anything in the “landing” default content which is single page only?

It is also weird, that the 404 page is not from wordpress, but from the server..

chr1s9r
    Participant

@Support: Did you install the demo content during your test?

chr1s9r
    Participant

Never mind. I found a solution.

For everyone looking into the same issue. I run my site on digitalocean and have a ssl certificate added. Unfortunately this seems to be the problem:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/wordpress-permalinks-404-under-ssl

Awesome great to see you found the solution and thank you for sharing it here.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)