Thumbnails Ratio Fluid

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Thumbnails Ratio Fluid

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Thumbnails Ratio Fluid

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • EG
    Participant

Hello,

is there a way to set the ratio of  “sh-portfolio-image” to fluid? This would affect the category pages and related items right?

The reason is that I’m showing book’s covers, so all the same size, and I’d like the thumbnails not cutted but full preview.

Thank you very much

Elena

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by EG.

Hi Elena,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

EG
    Participant

Thank you!

You are most welcome here 🙂

EG
    Participant

Hello again,

I tryed with css but it seems not to work in any way…

Found out working with yellowpencil that is not a template resizing issue…

Images are just resized themseves… When I try changing parameters the image just stretch… see attachments.

I’m really disappointed I choose this theme because the demos showed that. Why Jevelin Demo does not resize while mine is resizing? See attachment.

Can Force Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin solve my issue? Is there any plug-in that can help me achieving this?

Last question: may I try use the procedure you suggested to this other user? https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/thumbnail-size-for-blog-post/ 

Thank you

Elena

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by EG.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

It seems you are using Jetpack plugin on your site so could you please try temporary deactivating its Photon module on your site as shown in the attached screenshot?

Also please try regenerating thumbnails on your site using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

Attachments:

EG
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using the lite version of jetpack, I don’t have that option in my cPanel.

Regenerate thumbnails doesn’t change anything.

May I ask at least what is causing this in order to fix this and get your demo result? Do I have to work on .sh-portfolio-image? As shown in the previous message and attachments I try with yellow pencil with no success…

Also, in this discussion (https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/thumbnail-size-for-blog-post/ ) you provided a custom plugin to the user in order to “achieve this by using the custom plugin attached and changing the size of images in its code”. Is that the same process?

Thank you in advance

Elena

I’m using the lite version of jetpack, I don’t have that option in my cPanel.

The images on your site are served from wp.com by Jetpack plugin and not from your site as shown in the attached screenshot causing this issue so please contact Jetpack plugin support to disabling this feature.

Attachments:

EG
    Participant

Sorry I don’t understand.

The fact that my dynamic pages resize images is caused by jetpack and not by the theme?

And there’s no way to customize it from the theme?

I wrote to jetpack let’s see…

Anyway, I’d like to point out I just asked for Assistance in answering tech questions to help me understand where the issue is, didn’t ask for any customization service. You told me first to hire a developer instead of telling me “it’s a jetpack issue”. I see ticket where you are actually helpful with users.

Is my support expired?

If so let me know please, I’m still using this account from my last customer cause I have all the ticket solved as refer on this, but I can use another account that was created recently to purchase this theme for another customer.

Thank you

Elena

Thank you

To resize the thumbnail images you have to develop custom code therefore we recommended to hire the developer as it is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

But later in your reply I read that you want to display the images same size as displayed on demo sites which is 100% possible and in your shared screenshot I see the images are served from wp.com by Jetpack photon module which causes the issue that we noticed much time.

This jetpack photon module is not updating the images stored on wp.com so to resolve the issue either disable this module or update the images on wp.com by contacting jetpack support team.

EG
    Participant

Thank you for the explanation I wrote them 🙂

Elena

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)